Anybody running 2 13w7s and 2 1000/1s?

there is a guy in pa in a 4 door Mazda 3 that is running that setup, before his rebuild he did a 146 at 17hz, and no that was not a typo, an i do believe i can get a vid of it, just have to have my team mate upload it.

with his new install of the same stuff he did a 149.x iasca style at the Pottsville show last weekend.

I think if anyone had that much to spend on equipment it wouldn't be THAT equipment.
Why not? Who says they paid full retail? When i had my 12w7 and jl 1000/1 i had $600 in them total including the box...... jl w6v2 and up are great subs, i dont understand why people talk so much trash on their company.

I ask because I am putting together the same setup and wanted to know what upgrades they has as far as power management. I have 2 13 w7s and 2 1000/1 amps and btw I only have 850 in all of it including the boxes and wires and everything. I've had a lot of different equipment and this blows them all clean out of the water! And I only have one of them hooked up right now and I can't even drive and crank it at the same time. Would like to get it metered and see what it's hitting.

A buddy of mine had that exact setup in a '98 S10 Xcab. Did real good numbers with it in the mid to high 40's. Held a FL state record fora year or so with it. I'll try to some info on it. He ran it with Beyma's (sp?) mid/tweets in the doors. I was very impressed with it.

Why not? Who says they paid full retail? When i had my 12w7 and jl 1000/1 i had $600 in them total including the box...... jl w6v2 and up are great subs, i dont understand why people talk so much trash on their company.
If you can get it used it's great. If not it's soooo freakin' expensive. And the JL amps even used are a lot of money and they're power hogs. I've had older w6's. Loved them. But I got them used cheap. I guess if you've got the money go for it.... I'd just run something else.

If you can get it used it's great. If not it's soooo freakin' expensive. And the JL amps even used are a lot of money and they're power hogs. I've had older w6's. Loved them. But I got them used cheap. I guess if you've got the money go for it.... I'd just run something else.
Yeah, it's all personal preference like anything else. No matter what some one runs, theres always going to be at least 5 people that will bash it for their own reasons, lol.

I am running the same set-up. As for power issues... you'll have them to overcome. I've tried Batcaps, a 40 farad cap, and numerous other set-ups with this system. Ultimately it will come down to the same issues all powerful systems need; the "Big 3", correctly sized and correctly installed positive and negative cabling, adequate alternator and battery capacity. The best and last thing I did for my system was to install two batteries, an EA 1800 under the hood and an EA 2400 in the trunk. I've never looked back since. I'm not a JL fanboy but do like the setup (since I have it). BTW, I did a 146.1 at a MECA event last year with this set-up and have pic’s and possibly a video of this. However, I have heard better at a lesser cost - though it sounds like you got an AMAZING deal on you equipment. Good luck with the install, you'll be pleased with the right box.

good info! thanks. everything you mentioned is what i planned on doing. after i find a matching sub im going to start planning the box. do you have any pics of your setup? also what kind of box did you go with?

A pair of sealed 13w7's on 2 1000/1's did a 143 at a local show not bad considering it's a sealed setup also not great considering the cone area/power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.