Anybody heard of this Memphis Audio "Mojo Mat" ???

Participant count
  • Participant list

CaptainMaximus
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Just bought some of this Memphis Audio "Mojo Mat" from a local dealer. He said I would be the first one to buy some anywhere around here since it came out less than a week ago so I took a chance and bought it, since I had been planning on doing sound deadening very soon anyway. I purchased a trunk kit for 119.99 which I thought was a very good deal. I look forward to putting this in all day tomorrow. Any tips would be appreciated. I will post pics later of the install, from the looks of the material it seems very high quality. Has anybody else heard of this stuff??

Hmm, not going to knock it as I have not tried it, but just saying a good google search would usually point you in the right direction. Audio Technix is great stuff! I run 60mm and Im very satisified with the product. I see your new here, you should stick around man.. there is better stuff out there than Memphis, MA, kicker.. most of the mainstream is overpriced and overrated.

As stated though I HAVE NOT tried this deadener, therefore I am not bashing it. Just stating what I know 100% is a great product and the obvious to each and every member as far as mainstream goes.

I looked up this Audio Technix stuff and it looks pretty impressive. I can get 2 times as much AT as I can the Memphis stuff for the price. I only got 20sq ft for the same price. I am strongly considering returning this stuff monday morning and ordering 40 sq ft of AT off ebay. Was the method of applying it just "clean, peel and stick" like most of the other ones? Have you ran into any probs with it?

I looked up this Audio Technix stuff and it looks pretty impressive. I can get 2 times as much AT as I can the Memphis stuff for the price. I only got 20sq ft for the same price. I am strongly considering returning this stuff monday morning and ordering 40 sq ft of AT off ebay. Was the method of applying it just "clean, peel and stick" like most of the other ones? Have you ran into any probs with it?
correct. Clean the surface, peel it and stick it on.. make sure to rub it smooth and wear gloves, lol. I had 100sqft sitting outside under a carport for 6 months exposed to the elements and after finally getting around to installing it, I couldnt be happier.

Not sure what all you have seen as far as AT goes but here is their website with legit youtube reviews 60 Mil Sound Deadener (Better Than Dynamat) | Sound Deadening & Car Audio Wiring by Audio Technix

I hate to talk you out of what you have, but man, if the Memphis 20mm is twice the cost of the AT 40mm.. its a no brainer, AT is awesome!

Hey man I appreciate the help. Anywhere I can save money and put towards something else is awesome. Hopefully they wil let me return it (with recipt, never opened, and less than a 3 days old). Ive got my first comp april 9th. At a local audio shop I hit 143.4 db's on 500 watts, so hopefully I will see some better numbers with this sound deadener. If I can return this, I will buy the Audio Technix SD immediately.

What are you running as a setup? You do any building or fabricating? Like I said, stick around and you will see there is always better gear to be had for better prices then the mainstream stuff you will see at a shop.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.