Loud pop, pink noise playing through speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guise.

So earlier I got in my truck, started it and POP my subs hit really hard and it scared the living shit out of me. Immediately shut the truck off to find the problem, all connections were good, no stinky, no fuses popped, amps turning on, etc... Turn the truck back on, and this pink noise sound is coming through my speakers now. Never happened before. Still plays music but you can hear the noise in the background it's about a 3/10 on loudness. Not sure where to even start, help me pro favor.

HU is a Kenwood x994 and 4 channel is a alpine PDX 4.150

Hmm, Id look at the Remote wire,and see if it is making full contact..How many things are you running off your one remote line?

Hmm, Id look at the Remote wire,and see if it is making full contact..How many things are you running off your one remote line?
I have 10 gauge running to the back, then speaker wire spliced into it so I could have a turn on for my SAZ and PDX

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

I have 10 gauge running to the back, then speaker wire spliced into it so I could have a turn on for my SAZ and PDX
As I said though all connections are GOOD

My truck was doing that when turning off, and I ended up needing to add a relay for the remote line/30 amp relay..like $5 at Orileys

Id check to see if where you spliced that 10 up to the remote line,and see if its smoldered/melted any,if so, that may be your answer, and you will need to add that relay man

Thanks man

Yes sir,sounded like a bad grounding issue..and when turning off the truck after I turned the HU off..POP!/Thump!
Mmm, that's weird that its never done that before and now it is? I will check it out though

Have you checked your Voltage?
15.3 all day:yumyum: lowest I drive is like 13.8

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Id check to see if where you spliced that 10 up to the remote line,and see if its smoldered/melted any,if so, that may be your answer, and you will need to add that relay man
Just the remote could be doing all of that? Wow

hmm,ya, mine was fine for about 6 months, then started doing that for some reason???But It could even be an RCA touching metal /grounding out too(covered with elect. tape and worked fine)..Thats where Id start at.Well, thats what turns ON/OFF and if its a bad connection, the amp is popping on off /sparking trying to make a solid connection

hmm,ya, mine was fine for about 6 months, then started doing that for some reason???But It could even be an RCA touching metal /grounding out too(covered with elect. tape and worked fine)..Thats where Id start at.Well, thats what turns ON/OFF and if its a bad connection, the amp is popping on off /sparking trying to make a solid connection
Mm, weird. But I was testing out a SAX125.2 I picked up in Rockwell today so I just checked them and redid everything so I know it's tight

Id start at the Remote line, then check/move the rcas/wiggle them to see if they are creating that pink noise..(grounding out)
Will do, thanks so much Will. I really appreciate your fast responses man

Mm, weird. But I was testing out a SAX125.2 I picked up in Rockwell today so I just checked them and redid everything so I know it's tight

Will do, thanks so much Will. I really appreciate your fast responses man
no prob man..I sure hope thats all it is

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.