Anybody ever repair a RFR3112? (Power HX2)

Participant count
  • Participant list

uz1290
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hi there,

As the title states I was wondering if any of the members on here have successfully reconed a Power HX2.

Unfortunately, there is no drop in recone kit that I am aware of and a rebuild kit only comes with the coil, spider and some other stuff. What gets me is that you're supposed to reuse your cone and surround.

My question was if this is easily possible? I played around with the surround a little bit the other day by heating it up with a heat gun to see if it would peel off easily, but I don't see this being an easy fix due to having to save specific parts without ripping anything.

I already got a quote from FixMySpeaker but I just wanted to get some input from other members who might've possibly done a repair by the rebuild kits offered at other sites. Thanks

I already got a quote from FixMySpeaker but I just wanted to get some input from other members who might've possibly done a repair by the rebuild kits offered at other sites. Thanks
I have a RFR3112 myself that I wanted to recone, But I didn't save any of the stuff well taking the cone off. I got a quote from FixMySpeaker, it was like $200US shipped to Canada or something. so it is now on the back burner... for about a year now. They said it would be 1500W RMS.

I have a RFR3112 myself that I wanted to recone, But I didn't save any of the stuff well taking the cone off. I got a quote from FixMySpeaker, it was like $200US shipped to Canada or something. so it is now on the back burner... for about a year now. They said it would be 1500W RMS.
Yup. I was quoted roughly $150.

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Anybody else have any input?

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.