Any tips for first timer building a ported box?

when painting the port, do not get paint where glue will be. The glue does not grip to good to paint.

round the port edges if you can...if you don't have a router to do that, you can use sand paper.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Don't be skimpy on the wood glue, that's what holds the box together. People seem to forget that.
Very true, but use screws as they do provide more strength then nails/staples //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif(yes yes it is true there are tests that have been done to verify haha)

Very true, but use screws as they do provide more strength then nails/staples //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif(yes yes it is true there are tests that have been done to verify haha)
I remember that, AMI tested that.

Make the port as large and as round as possible. For example, a square port is more round than a rectangular one; an octogonal port is more round than a square port.

Also, keep the number of ports down to one, if possible.

Make the port as large and as round as possible. For example, a square port is more round than a rectangular one; an octogonal port is more round than a square port.
Wut //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I laughed

usually when i glue peices together i tack them with 1" nights right away to hold in place....because i dont use clamps

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Lol-wut-pear.jpg

Ease it in, removing the hymen can range anywhere from painless to excruciating, so go in slowly, if she's showing signs of pain, stay inside of her until she says she's ready, once she is be rhythmic and gentle.

also, you don't have to use screws, if you have a brad nailer or a staple gun, those will work and will take less time, as there is no need to predrill, and in the end the wood glue does almost all of the work holding the box together. In most of my experiences non-car audio related, the wood will break often times before the glue.

stick to geek squad, kid

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.