alternative to terminal cups?

Participant count
  • Participant list

osmith
10+ year member

kentucky
I know that I've seen some people run bolts through the box. Just wondering what the best way to do that is? Or if anyone has any other alternatives aside from just drilling a hole in the box and running the wires through it.

Bolts + mechanical lugs

Mechanical lugs look like this:

lugs_mech_single_barrel.jpg

I found some at Menards in the electrical section for pretty cheap.

i just bolts......attach the wire coming from the sub to ring terminals put the head side of the bolt on the inside of the box and drill threw (pre drill holes smaller then bolt)

then on the outside of the box attach a washer to the bolt then attatch ur speaker wire to ring terms coming from the amp

attach to the bolt and either use a nut or wing nut and tighten down from the outside

i just bolts......attach the wire coming from the sub to ring terminals put the head side of the bolt on the inside of the box and drill threw (pre drill holes smaller then bolt)
then on the outside of the box attach a washer to the bolt then attatch ur speaker wire to ring terms coming from the amp

attach to the bolt and either use a nut or wing nut and tighten down from the outside
Then if you need to remove the wire from the enclosure for some reason it's a PITA. I have mine setup like that right now and had a lot of problems with the ring terminals pulling out and everytime that happened it was just awful trying to fix it, the mechanical lugs eliminate that and essentially install heavy duty terminals on the box.

Then if you need to remove the wire from the enclosure for some reason it's a PITA. I have mine setup like that right now and had a lot of problems with the ring terminals pulling out and everytime that happened it was just awful trying to fix it, the mechanical lugs eliminate that and essentially install heavy duty terminals on the box.
i get what ur saying ya it is but i wouldnt kno how to do the mechanical lugs....any help?

put a bolt threw it? and connect with rings on the other side?
No ring terminal needed. You put the bolt through the hole in on the back part. The front part is exactly like an amp terminal with a set screw. So you just strip your wire, insert, tighten set screw, ???, PROFIT!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.