Any Racers?

Ok then, say nitrous does work well with a turbo, I still wouldnt run it becuase wouldnt the heat in the turbo mess up the nitrous entering the engine?

Originally posted by ss3079 Ok then, say nitrous does work well with a turbo, I still wouldnt run it becuase wouldnt the heat in the turbo mess up the nitrous entering the engine?
in what way is the heat going to mess up the nitrous??? As the nitrous is going to REMOVE the heat from the intake air

colder the air charge--- the denser it will be[more oxygen]. now you can add more fuel to make more power. PLUS more resistant to preignition and detonation.

one problem that nitrous has is its ease of installation. People bolt on kit with out considering the FUEL requiremants. Then they hit the button---- the fuel pump cann't keep up creating a lean condition---- Then the heat kills the motor. The same would occur with any other system. The only thing is anyone who would attempt to install a turbo/super/ high compression must likely knows to beef up the fuel system

LMAO RM!!! And thats the thing, people bolt on their kits and dont give a **** about the fuel requirements, even though it directly states everywhere that you need certain typres of fuel...

sorry for posting 2 in a row RangerMan but this is getting on my friggin nerves.

Nitrous Oxide is NOT NOS!!!!

NOS is a company called Nitrous Oxide Systems that makes canisters and such. There are many companies that sell nitrous oxide products so FOR GOD"S SAKE STOP CALLING NITROUS OXIDE NOS!!! If you need an abbreviation try N2O3!!!

Originally posted by SasquatchBump sorry for posting 2 in a row RangerMan but this is getting on my friggin nerves.

Nitrous Oxide is NOT NOS!!!!

NOS is a company called Nitrous Oxide Systems that makes canisters and such. There are many companies that sell nitrous oxide products so FOR GOD"S SAKE STOP CALLING NITROUS OXIDE NOS!!! If you need an abbreviation try N2O3!!!
I just call it NOS because the company who makes NOS is Holley, and they are the leading company of "Nitrous Oxide" in the world...what the hell you want me to call it ZEX??? Don't be a dick...you act like we didn't know that already...

Originally posted by SasquatchBump I wouldnt see anything wrong with pushing nitrous through when you have a turbo as long as you have a fairly low compression engine to do it with and a strong enough fuel pump/bigger fuel rail.
I didn't mean to post 2 SasquatchBump, but this is getting on my nerves...sounds like something any riceboy would say...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

Originally posted by ss3079 LMAO RM!!! And thats the thing, people bolt on their kits and dont give a **** about the fuel requirements, even though it directly states everywhere that you need certain typres of fuel...
not really a certain type--- just more fuel. It's is always better to run rich then to run lean. An for an added protection up the octane a couple of points

Originally posted by chris229 not really a certain type--- just more fuel. It's is always better to run rich then to run lean. An for an added protection up the octane a couple of points
Right, I understand, still, if you didnt do any other engine mods, wouldnt you start to notice a lot of wear and tear?

And SasquatchBump, like why post that second post explaining that NOS is a brand of Nitrous Oxide?? We all know its just a brand and the leading brand at that. NOS is just shorter than typing Nitrous Oxide, Edelbrock Nitrous Systems, Nitrous Express, Vemon, etc...you get the point.

And at least I didnt stretch this post out into 3 posts either.

Originally posted by ss3079 Right, I understand, still, if you didnt do any other engine mods, wouldnt you start to notice a lot of wear and tear?

And SasquatchBump, like why post that second post explaining that NOS is a brand of Nitrous Oxide?? We all know its just a brand and the leading brand at that. NOS is just shorter than typing Nitrous Oxide, Edelbrock Nitrous Systems, Nitrous Express, Vemon, etc...you get the point.

And at least I didnt stretch this post out into 3 posts either.
LOL!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Themanuwant2b

10+ year member
Themanuwant2b
Denver (Houstonian)
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from