Any Racers?

2003 COBRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wheres the camaro/firebird now?????????? GM's only got the corvette left for them now(still a great car and really fast). I won't even count the new gto bc its a big joke(looks like a 2 door grand prix and is based on an australian car). thats a big disgrace to the ol gtos that gm used to make!!!!!

**** guys, my first thread ever posted on the site, and MY thought has the longest running postings on the board. Am I good or what? BTW, RangerMAN and SS, you guys are pretty funny. I like when RM gets pissed.

Originally posted by RangerMan  

And it's REALLY sad when your a rice boy and THINK you know about engines...:p
Thanks RM, you enforcer, lol. Themanuwant2b - Who doesnt like when RM gets pissed? Lol. I'm glad he takes it out on another board;)

the new GTO uis goign to eb a grerat car...

so waht if its based on an australian car?

guess waht, that australian car is based on an american car that noone wanted....

the Cadillac Caterra!!! Go figure, eh?

but anyways, the Holden is supposed to be a great performing car, around 6 seconds, 0-60, great handling, great ride, great comfort, yes a long step from teh original GTO's but its been a long time since then and everything ahs taken a long step from thsoe cars....

Originally posted by ss3079  

No I'm talking about a 800hp+ car and putting a 150-1000hp adjustable shot on it or something like that. I think what you mentioned all apply in this situation right?
how is it making the 800HP cause just like turbo and super chargers ---nitrous doesn't like high compression

Originally posted by Themanuwant2b **** guys, my first thread ever posted on the site, and MY thought has the longest running postings on the board. Am I good or what? BTW, RangerMAN and SS, you guys are pretty funny. I like when RM gets pissed.
Yeah it's funny when an old guy gets mad, huh??? Hell, I'm just a kid at heart...I'm glad you enjoy my sense of humor!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by RangerMan  

Do you have a pissed bumble bee pipe????
NO WAY but seen a kid with that on a LX. I asked him what the hell he was doing and he looked at me like i was stupid for not having 2 on mine. I also hate when poeple put round wings[honda or eclipse wings] on american cars. Some kid has a cavalier with this TALL round eclipse type thing on his trunk

The 800+ hp is produced by a 502ci big block with lots of goodies, supercharger/blower combo.

Just got back from Vegas, seen 2 Roush Mustangs burnout, that was awsome...they were tuned to the nuts.

I'm not a "racer", but I do like cars, especially Pontiacs...

I currently have a 1969 Firebird... many don't know this but Pontiac had it's own engines until 1980 when they started putting in chevy's and "GM" engines... What even more people don't know is the power of the original pontiac engine. It provides huge amounts of torque at the lower end, great for strip racing and neck breaking... What else is that Pontiac engines were truely great racing engines... There were no small blocks or big blocks... All pontiac engines are the same dimension externally... you can't look at a 350 and 455 and tell the difference right off hand. The great thing about this is that things like heads and intakes and can beswitched from an old 350 without worry. Long live 350,389,400s,421,428, and the 455's!!!

Anyways about the new GTO, it's a rebadge of GM's Holden's special vehicle division... which was the product of GM Americas designing. This car is aiming at entering pontiac into competition with BMW, as it once use to, so I've heard way back in the day.. What some of you may not know is that there's rumor talking of a Callaway modified LS1 generating over 400 hp, stock! I think it's a nice step in the right direction.

Yes, I'm sad they will be branding the legendardy GTO name on this. Nothing can be ever marketed with it's name to do what it did the first time... When the GTO was first introduced, it was simply a lemans with the HUGE bonneville engine.. Simple equation big engine, smalle car.. John Delorean did this without permission from GM, but how coudl they say no when sales went through the floor..

I think this GTO is gonna have a great engine in a compact car... and yes all of my friends are ricers.. it's sad what I see sometimes... I guess this ricer era reminds me of the mopars in the 60'ss... Lot's of bolt on's. You don't see that many complete engines gone through in ricers.. just things like "cold air intakes", chips, etc..

BTW, what's up with spoilers on front wheel drive cars...

OH and the firebird and camaros will be back, you know it... GM so far looks like the strongest one in this detroit downfall. Mustangs could disappear simply from Ford going out of biz... The F-bodies just couldn't compete with all the high school girls wanting mustangs...80% six cylinders...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Themanuwant2b

10+ year member
Themanuwant2b
Denver (Houstonian)
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from