Any Racers?

I race at my freind's ranch that has an old bug-smasher run-way that's 1 mile long and is smooth. As far as rides come, I'm a lover of my push-rod MOPAR 318 bored to 340. And for rice-boys(guys who go and build ****/flash and push performance in a conversation ) please do find a better place to race than stop lights, you're fuucking it up for the rest of us. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

*Drive Safe, Drive Slow, Drive An Import* //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif

Originally posted by ss3079 I dont have a problem with people giving their car a little shot either, just I would much rather see a detailed engine to back it up.
SS, you come from the same place I do...NOS is puss power...turbos are great!!! And no if you have a turbo, it does not work well with NoS. It works, but it is a waste of money. NOS is not permanent hp, so it is not real hp...

Yea see thats what pisses me off with NOS people who have like a completly stock honda and put NOS on it and they think they are pretty **** fast and thats isnt the point i just laugh my ass off when they have NOS and can beat them in a stock 95 mustang 5.0 GT and later that week they blwo thier engine I mean I like NOS to a certain point but never use it one the street I use it at the strip and thats where it should be used and I have as well detailed the enigine so thats where I see you coming from SS.

I ll race for money. got an 97 grand prix. and it's my stereo car not my race car. but if any one wants to race that its a 2000 TA that ran an 11.1 in houston with NO nas. but i can run juice as well. i only race down the strip no street

Originally posted by RangerMan  

SS, you come from the same place I do...NOS is puss power...turbos are great!!! And no if you have a turbo, it does not work well with NoS. It works, but it is a waste of money. NOS is not permanent hp, so it is not real hp...
So true, and jlman, I totally agree. Actually, nitrous does more damage to your car than it does good if you dont have an engine to back it up.

GOOD, PURE HORSEPOWER, DOES NOT COME IN A CAN... I find I prefer the sound of a throaty V8 over the sound of a 4 banger(which in my mind has weed eater written all over it)

ive driven both muscle and sport compact cars(mustang, firebird, civic,) and ill tell ya, i like muscle cars, but everyone has one and they are way overpriced in the long run. Thats why im buying a honda civic ex 2002 for 15000, its accel is 7.9 0-60 stock, and it gets good gas mileage. im not gonna modify it for awhile, and yes i know muscle cars are faster, but really, who has the **** money to soupe up a new muscle car like say a camaro(even though they aren't made anymore) a normal z28 would cost you at least 26,000. Adding supercharger, exhuast, nos(if your that much of a freak), and any other mods like suspension, port and polish, your looking at least another 15 grand, a total of 41,000. Why bother spending that much on a muscle car when i can get a civic that you can put 10-15 grand into, and your beating stock mustang gts and camaro z28s? Plus, import engines are more reliable than american cars. Again, ill prolly get trashed for saying all this, but thats my opinion on all of this hype. Muscle cars are in a league of there own, but imports have their say in this world also, so don't diss anyone who likes imports!!!!!!!

and i would at least hope all of you who do race anything, that you do race with a stick instead of a p*ssymatic(woops auto i mean) bc autos plain ****, they require no work, and alls your doing is accelerating and braking, while a stick you actually can control your car more. I just added this last topic bc im sick of ppl who brag about their fast cars, but they dont' have the balls to drive a stick.

speaking of, what cars does everyone have? i have a pos 93 mercury cougar(v6) right now, but im buying a 2002 civic ex coupe 5 speed in august/september to last me through college.

You're good if you can build a blown racer, but if you can make a normanly aspirated vehicle GO, then your elite. Most of my freinds and what not swear by Turbos and what not but that's not the only option. Not that I'm dissing turbos or supers or anything.

personally i wouldnt mind having nos. i dont race, but i will be showing. and dont tell me that a big nos bottle doesnt grab your attention. but anyway. i would put nos on my mostly factory eclipse. i really dont wanna spend 50 bucks a week for gas in my 67 camaro (only thing stock on it is the engine block. 327 board 60). I like the fact of being able to go fast for a few seconds then turn around and go two weeks without filling up. that is about the only up sides to nos. But cars with nos and turbos/superchargers thats where it is at. but my eclipse rs can just look fast fpr all i car. low and slow that is my saying

if youre gonna mod your car to just race on a strip, then all you really need IS some nos and maybe a turbo, but it takes more then nos and turbos to make a quick car in the real world, you gotta tweak the suspension a lot on your ride too, otherwise your cars gonna end up on the ditch the day after nos install, then you got you tires to glue you to the pavement, then you ve gotta think lightweight too so your car doesnt turn like a boat in those tight turns...thats probably why peeps like the little 4 bangers with turbos on em over those monstrous v8s that weigh a couple of tons...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Themanuwant2b

10+ year member
Themanuwant2b
Denver (Houstonian)
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from