Any negative effects on components if I get + and - mixed up when connect to amp?

Are we talking acoustical or electrical phase? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Iwas talking about acoustical phase, however i see that were talking electrical phase, i have run a tweeter out of phase electrically but never liked my mids out of phase..

first off, we're not talking about subs
2nd, i dont think your understanding me, here's a picture:

DMM1: nothing should show up

DMM2: will show resistance of wire (i put .7 ohm as an example)

That way you can find out which wire is which, its basically a conductivity test.
Sorry, bro but that will not show +/-. Actually in an audio signal there is no true + or - but more in or out of phase. Because of the AC signal, but it aids in phasing.

Anyways, a mid out of phase electrically can actually act as an inphase mid depending on the location. As the same falls true for the tweet.

You set your meter to continuity to test that, ohms will just give you the ohm load of the wire which yes you can do but that is not the proper way to test it.
Also a midbass out of phase can be very bad, i dont think i said anything about subs.

Most DMM's use the low resistance setting to test continuity.

Sorry, bro but that will not show +/-. Actually in an audio signal there is no true + or - but more in or out of phase. Because of the AC signal, but it aids in phasing.
Anyways, a mid out of phase electrically can actually act as an inphase mid depending on the location. As the same falls true for the tweet.

But it will let you know which wire is which in the set when you have continuity down one wire, you could then hook that up to the same polarity on both sides.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.