Any high end deck users in here???

First of all anyone really into high end sound would NOT be using the decks internal crossover. They'd be using seperate everything. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wave.gif.002382ce7d7c19757ab945cc69819de1.gif
they use seperate everything? since when? what advantages are u getting from an external crossover instead of using the crossovers on the eclipse deck....

On a side note, that 8053 or the Premier P9 aren't even close the same calibur as the McIntosh units or the Nakamichi CD-700II. I'm not biased ok its just the simple truth.
i think u should start putting some reasoning behind ur posts before posting up random comments.....

they use seperate everything? since when?....

What do you mean since when??? Since always. Don't you keep up with AUDIO.?? High end home audio systems use all seperate components...not a receiver. Same thing applies here.

what advantages are u getting from an external crossover instead of using the crossovers on the eclipse deck
There are plenty of advantages of using an outboard crossover.

1- A high quality outboard crossover is of higher quality than an onboard x-over.

2- More x-over points to choose from with the use of a dial. Not the preset choices that an onboard gives you.

3- If you wanted to upgrade your deck you don't have to bring the crossover into consideration because you can use the outboard you already have.

So there you have it: upgradability, flexibility, and higher quality.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I stand corrected- still thats pretty close on the spec that probably has the most importance in SQ as far as signal tranfer-thats on hell of a distance between prices tho
Signal transfer, yeah. But as for the signal chain as a whole, nothing can touch Denon's alpha processing. Their DAC is one of, if not the, best built-in processors. A lot more to the Denon than just output impedence.

There are plenty of advantages of using an outboard crossover.

1- A high quality outboard crossover is of higher quality than an onboard x-over.

2- More x-over points to choose from with the use of a dial. Not the preset choices that an onboard gives you.

3- If you wanted to upgrade your deck you don't have to bring the crossover into consideration because you can use the outboard you already have.

So there you have it: upgradability, flexibility, and higher quality.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
so basically u gave no legitement reason. reason #1, external Xover is better quality? what?. Reason #2, u obviously have no idea what kind of Xover points the eclipse unit has. It gives me the exact Xover points i needed for my ID horns and midbass as well as slopes. reason #3...pretty pointless and has no relevance to why an external Xover is better. If u have the best deck like one of these how could u upgrade to something that doesnt have the features the current unit does.

i figured u had no idea what u were talking about.

so basically u gave no legitement reason. reason #1, external Xover is better quality? what?. Reason #2, u obviously have no idea what kind of Xover points the eclipse unit has. It gives me the exact Xover points i needed for my ID horns and midbass as well as slopes. reason #3...pretty pointless and has no relevance to why an external Xover is better. If u have the best deck like one of these how could u upgrade to something that doesnt have the features the current unit does.
i figured u had no idea what u were talking about.

I'm sorry, did I miss something?? Did IQ's drop sharp while I was away?? First of all what is LEGITEMENT ?? Is that some kind of new arthritis medicine or something? Anyway, I gave you 3 LEGITIMATE (notice how I spelled it) reasons why an outboard crossover is better. Let's review once more since the short bus students came in late.

1- It's common knowledge that when you have a seperate crossover or any processor that doesn't share a chassis with something else it will be of better quality than one that is part of a headunit which has a ton of things going on inside. The phrase "too many cooks in the kitchen" comes to mind.

2- You are right I don't know what presets your deck has. But I can tell you this. Not as many as an external. So the presets work for your setup, thats good for you but what if you were to change speakers and needed to roll your highs off a little higher, then what??? An external would have no problem with this change.

3- First of all your claim to having the best deck is false. Its your opinion that you're trying to sell off as fact. You have a very nice deck but that doesn't mean it does everything perfect. I have a nice deck too but I'm not trying to say it was touched by the hand of God like you are. So being able to upgrade down the line is always on MY mind. There is ALWAYS room for improvement in ANY system. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

excuse me adam, can i ask one question ?? nearly off topic, but its about HU
anytime man.......go ahead. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

whats the most expensive HU brand, u can say exotic, and not many people tend to have it ?? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

and

pre amp out puts : 4v, 4.5v , 5v, 6v ( in what way do they really make a difference) ?

thanks

-zAk

I'm sorry, did I miss something?? Did IQ's drop sharp while I was away?? First of all what is LEGITEMENT ?? Is that some kind of new arthritis medicine or something? Anyway, I gave you 3 LEGITIMATE (notice how I spelled it) reasons why an outboard crossover is better. Let's review once more since the short bus students came in late.
1- It's common knowledge that when you have a seperate crossover or any processor that doesn't share a chassis with something else it will be of better quality than one that is part of a headunit which has a ton of things going on inside. The phrase "too many cooks in the kitchen" comes to mind.

2- You are right I don't know what presets your deck has. But I can tell you this. Not as many as an external. So the presets work for your setup, thats good for you but what if you were to change speakers and needed to roll your highs off a little higher, then what??? An external would have no problem with this change.

3- First of all your claim to having the best deck is false. Its your opinion that you're trying to sell off as fact. You have a very nice deck but that doesn't mean it does everything perfect. I have a nice deck too but I'm not trying to say it was touched by the hand of God like you are. So being able to upgrade down the line is always on MY mind. There is ALWAYS room for improvement in ANY system. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif
when did i say i have the best head unit what are u talking about?

whats the most expensive HU brand, u can say exotic, and not many people tend to have it ?? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif-zAk

Unless there are more out there I don't know about I would have to say McIntosh and Nakamichi are VERY expensive. Not sure how much but they're definitely up there.

pre amp out puts : 4v, 4.5v , 5v, 6v ( in what way do they really make a difference
High preout voltages help by letting you keep the gains on your amps down therefore lowering distortion and rasing your "signal to noise ratio". Simply put its definitely a benefit.

If u have the best deck like one of these how could u upgrade to something that doesnt have the features the current unit does.
Thats when you said it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.