Any guys use orion

yea hybrid your 13 is going to slam hard as hell man. i cant wait to get mine hooked up good man. that 2500d i have heard is one badd ass asmp. wher eyou getting it and how much also how much you getting your jl for? they go on ebay for like 600.

I currently have the orion 2500d amp and i had the 13w7 as well. The amp is so **** powerfull but takes so much electricity. I sometimes felt a little woried when i look at the w7 move cause it looks like its gonna pop out or somethin.

Great amp just need a strong electrical system.

we ran 2 older HCCA 12's and 4 HCCA 275's in the first show set up for the stealth, I LOVE ORION, thats why for my next set up I am favoring the H2's for now

are the amps really that good ? what are they comparable to ? I almost got an XTR800.4 awhile back but the deal fell apart. are they underrated ? do they run cool, warm, hot ? the new ones are alright but I kind of like the black/silver design of the XTRs still.

are the amps really that good ? what are they comparable to ? I almost got an XTR800.4 awhile back but the deal fell apart. are they underrated ? do they run cool, warm, hot ? the new ones are alright but I kind of like the black/silver design of the XTRs still.
They're pretty solid amps ...

Most are underrated, some by a lot.

They will run fairly cool if you give them proper ventalation (most amps will ...)

Used to run a full XTR system last year for a bit.

Steve

Their HCCA line is RIDICulOUS!!!!

I was running tow of the 250hccaG5's on four 12w6's and was NEVER DIsssapointed till one blew. It was right around the time that DEI purchased them and wouldnt honor any warrantys so I was stuck. I would DEFINITELY go back to them. DEFINITELY> Prior to that I have run the Orion 2150's and the blacks are just as powerful as the other series.

Hey, im new here. I've had two Orion amps and i've never been disapointed. I can't remember what my first ones were, but they did a very good job on my 12"OZ subwoofer; that was in my first car, and my second amp was the cheaper Cobalt amps; it made my sub sound a lot better than my Kenwood amp, but the Kenwood was probably over-rated, and didn't even have a adjustable crossover points. Also, the Kenwood amp was 40watts more. I suppose i would deffenatly consider going back to Orion amplifiers.

I have 3 225HCCA amps (the series prior to the R series with the removable top plate and the crossover cards underneath) that are going in my new system. I also have a 2100HCCA in perfect condition. Not sure yet but it might find its way into my car inplace of one of the 225's :up2someth It's so underrated at 2 and 4 ohms that it should do nicely one 3 10W6s. In a previous system it was running 6. Never got warm...

I just got a Orion 7005 for $259 and this amp rocks.. I really like it. This amp is well underrated. I replaced my JVC 4 channel amp and my Profile 600msx with this 5 channel amp. I was a little iffy on how well my two GNX124 would hit with since its only rated 300Wrms@2Ohms will the Profile was rated 410Wrms@2Ohms. Well to say the least on the Orion I have the gain only 1/2 and no bass boost set and hit 107dB while the Profile was set to 3/4 gain and 1/4 bass boost and only got 97dB. Now I am not sure what I should get out of these sub. They are installed in a 2cube box sealed box 1 cube per sub with about 20oz of poly fill. Should I be getting more? But I am very happy with the amp still need to play with the gain and the x-overs and bass boost. Hoping to hit atleast 120dB.

Aaron

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.