any cadillac guys here?

jr15
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i really like the 2003 seville sts and am really considering buying one, are there any cadi guys here that could give me any pros or cons about the sts that year? i searched the internet. but really havent come up with anything...thanks

i really like the 2003 seville sts and am really considering buying one, are there any cadi guys here that could give me any pros or cons about the sts that year? i searched the internet. but really havent come up with anything...thanks
My dad owns an 01 STS. I drove it quite a bit. Very quick, handles good, and the girls love it. However, expensive to fix, lots of electronic problems such as crankshaft position sensor problems, fuel gauge problems, they leak oil and use oil, and traction control is a bit too sensitive. But overall, good car in my opinion. Hope that helps. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

thanks speedfreak, i was wondering if them years were basically the same. and grinder, my dad is a mechanic so cost for repairs isnt much of a worry, if it werent for him being one i wouldnt even be considering a cadi, as that names goes hand in hand w/ expensive...but thanks for the input ill keep them in mind...do u know if they fixed the problems in 02 or 03? or was it an ongoing problem?

With the engine, I doubt it. Oil leaks are common on Northstars and thats not just my opinion either. However I don't know about the electrical problems. I wouldn't let that hold you back from buying one. Beautiful cars IMO. You'll like it. I love driving my dad's. Almost as much as my car.

i had a 94 STS, if that helps at all... haha it was a ****in sweet car. same engine, the V8 northstar, obvs with not as much technology put towards it as now, since it was 14 years older... but it was a sweet car. looking at the newer ones, i would say go for it, they are nice cars...right now im rollin in the 08 dodge avenger R/T...

03 is the best year for them. Expect issues ~100k with front suspension, once fixed you should be in the clear for a while. Crankshaft sensor is common for older models, so is the oil leak.

had a 92 eldorado, you know the small 2 door white with red leather...had a 96 deville champaigne with tan leather, and about to get a 99 sts red with black leather...imma a caddy man, and actually havent had any mechanical problems with mine...well except for flooding my 96 out in a massive storm we had here in clearwater, fl about 2 years ago...all the computers went haywire, it was hilarious!!!

better have money left over, Cadi's have a poor reliability history

check out Consumer Reports annual (little) book for specs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.