Participant count
  • Participant list

Mr FaceCaser

CarAudio.com Regular
1000006585.jpg

Any advice on how to make this look nice and clean

Build Photo
  1. Okay
You just gotta work at it and develop your own style. I never really made pretty systems for myself, just loud ones, because my vehicle was like a rolling test lab. I usually put amps under a false floor, so nobody could see my ugly wiring. Absolutely make sure it's safe and fused and functioning properly. Zip ties are the best way to make wires look clean, IMO, unless you put a covering over wire bundles, like split loom tubes or whatever they're called, like vehicles have under the hood.

And I'd keep your signal wires paths and power wire paths apart, even with RCA shielding, because the power wires can basically radiate energy into your RCA wires if too close and cause signal noise issues. Just a good practice to have IMO.

You just gotta work at it and develop your own style. I never really made pretty systems for myself, just loud ones, because my vehicle was like a rolling test lab. I usually put amps under a false floor, so nobody could see my ugly wiring. Absolutely make sure it's safe and fused and functioning properly. Zip ties are the best way to make wires look clean, IMO, unless you put a covering over wire bundles, like split loom tubes or whatever they're called, like vehicles have under the hood.
Okay I was kinda the sale like I just want to be loud I don't really care how it looks but people said I should make it look cleaner. I'm about to upgrade my mid range speakers and subwoofer box and replace that ds18 amp with a more powerful one or deaf bounce 4 channel amp. But thank you

Okay I was kinda the sale like I just want to be loud I don't really care how it looks but people said I should make it look cleaner. I'm about to upgrade my mid range speakers and subwoofer box and replace that ds18 amp with a more powerful one or deaf bounce 4 channel amp. But thank you
Zip tie, time and patience works within your favor. Never worry about what others think about your audio installation of how it LOOKS. If it works for you and you are fine with it. Leave it at that. Easiest way is to place some 1x2s down on all 4 corners and leaving some room where the wires can come under and place a piece of plywood (1/2" works well) on top for a flat surface to drill holes of make some square cuts so the wiring come through and rcas to attach for the amps, also giving you another option to mount your amplifiers elevated to get some air underneath. You can stain the plywood,Paint it,carpet it ,ect.. Dont worry about others. Its yoiur system and youre vehicle. time and patience and your imagination of how you want to implement your audio gear ib your vehicle. I swapped amps monthly for a long time to run and test my amps out all the time and had wiring all over the place .. So What??!!Made it easier to swapp and test out for me.

Last edited:
The easiest thing to do is to shorten the wires as much as possible. Or tuck the extra wire down into the seat gap.

I only really did a neat install on my own car 1 time. Less than a month later a brand new amplifier went bad. The local store that I bought it from warrantied it with a different model amplifier. The connections were in different places and their went my clean install.

Zip tie, time and patience works within your favor. never worry about what ithers think about your audio installation of how it LOOKS. If it works for you and you are fine with it. leave it at that. Easiest way is to place some 1x2s down on all 4 corners and leaving some room where the wires can come under and place a piec of plywood on top for a flat surface to drill holes of make some square cuts so the wiring come through and rcas to attach for the amps, also giving you another option to mount your amplifiers elevated to get some air underneath. you can stain the plywood,Paint it,carpet it ,ect.. Dont worry about others. Its yoiur system and youre vehicle. time and patience and your imagination of how you want to implement your audio gear ib your vehicle. I swapped amps monthly for a long time to run and test my amps out all the time and had wiring all over the place .. So What??!!Made it easier to swapp and test out for me.
Thank you so much

Zip tie, time and patience works within your favor. never worry about what ithers think about your audio installation of how it LOOKS. If it works for you and you are fine with it. leave it at that. Easiest way is to place some 1x2s down on all 4 corners and leaving some room where the wires can come under and place a piec of plywood on top for a flat surface to drill holes of make some square cuts so the wiring come through and rcas to attach for the amps, also giving you another option to mount your amplifiers elevated to get some air underneath. you can stain the plywood,Paint it,carpet it ,ect.. Dont worry about others. Its yoiur system and youre vehicle. time and patience and your imagination of how you want to implement your audio gear ib your vehicle. I swapped amps monthly for a long time to run and test my amps out all the time and had wiring all over the place .. So What??!!Made it easier to swapp and test out for me.
I'm constantly upgrading so this makes it so much easier

I'm constantly upgrading so this makes it so much easier
Im always messing with stuff. if its 2 months 3 or 6. Im always messing with something man., LOL. There are even some wire restraints that use one screw and bend over and back to secure wiring even if you want those. They can be found cheaply on line with a search. There are all kinds of wire restraints from plastic to metal ect. to choose from even

The easiest thing to do is to shorten the wires as much as possible. Or tuck the extra wire down into the seat gap.

I only really did a neat install on my own car 1 time. Less than a month later a brand new amplifier went bad. The local store that I bought it from warrantied it with a different model amplifier. The connections were in different places and their went my clean install.
I always leave approx 6" or so for that very reason, in case I decide to swapp an amp if needed,or wanting too.RCAs ect. I deff do the extra 6-8" under the hood to refresh to clean connections if corrosion comes around. Saves a headache in the future

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...