Any advice would be appreciated.

raylee785

CarAudio.com Newbie
Kansas
Hello. I gave up on car audio for a while. When my last system got stolen, it left a bad taste in my mouth and just couldn't bring myself to spend another nickle or hour on it. This time around I am not going to put quite as much money and time into it but still want something that hits me in the chest when I turn the knob. I've got a 2011 ford edge. Some decent after market door speakers are all I've done. My last system was components up front with a Rockford amp, a pair of JL 12s powered by a Rockford amp, wiring and a capacitor, and deadening throughout the vehicle. Was a Civic (which still rattled). I guess to make what should be a short post long, I listen to rock and rap. Want pretty loud with decent sq. I'm planning on just doing an amp and sub(s). I've seen mention on this forum a number of brands I'm not familiar with. Sundown comes to mind. When I was into it, it seems like the brands to have were the ones I bought. Are those brands still any good or am I paying for a name? Can I get a good amp and sub for 500-600 total that will give me what I'm looking for? Recommendations? Is it better to get 1 good sub vs 2 ok subs? I'm thinking a 10 or 12. Is a 10 big enough to fill the space if my Edge? What I'm reading here is that the sub is only as good as the box. I am not a carpenter and dont want to build if undont have to. Are there any good pre-built boxes? Not sure if I've provided enough info but any help would be greatly appreciated.

i have the 500 watt version of that amp, its solid. i like it a lot. does like 630 watts, scoped it myself

Thanks Ripken. Ordered my sa12 d2 and s1-1250 today. Going to the local shop later today to have em start building a custom box. Wont get the sub for like a week so I'll hop back on after install and let yall know how it turned out. Thanks for the help all!

that should be good

make sure you set the amp gain right. heres how...

heres the test tones...

might want to get this cd too ;)

JL Audio has a powered sub. The driver is matched to their enclosure and the built-in amp is matched to the driver.
Amazon.com: JL Audio ACP112LG-TW1 400W MicroSub+ Amplified Subwoofer Ported-Enclosure System with Single 12" 12TW1 Subwoofer: Gateway

JL Audio has a powered sub. The driver is matched to their enclosure and the built-in amp is matched to the driver.
Amazon.com: JL Audio ACP112LG-TW1 400W MicroSub+ Amplified Subwoofer Ported-Enclosure System with Single 12" 12TW1 Subwoofer: Gateway
He already stated that he order the Sundown and SQ amp. You're gonna get laughed outta here if you keep making these retarded post.

So, finally got the SA-12 and s1-1250 installed in custom box and holy crap! Must say, truly impressed with the combo. I did not expect to get that much output from a single 12, it pounds! Thanks for all the advice, greatly appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.