Any advice would be appreciated.

raylee785

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 15, 2019
Kansas
Hello. I gave up on car audio for a while. When my last system got stolen, it left a bad taste in my mouth and just couldn't bring myself to spend another nickle or hour on it. This time around I am not going to put quite as much money and time into it but still want something that hits me in the chest when I turn the knob. I've got a 2011 ford edge. Some decent after market door speakers are all I've done. My last system was components up front with a Rockford amp, a pair of JL 12s powered by a Rockford amp, wiring and a capacitor, and deadening throughout the vehicle. Was a Civic (which still rattled). I guess to make what should be a short post long, I listen to rock and rap. Want pretty loud with decent sq. I'm planning on just doing an amp and sub(s). I've seen mention on this forum a number of brands I'm not familiar with. Sundown comes to mind. When I was into it, it seems like the brands to have were the ones I bought. Are those brands still any good or am I paying for a name? Can I get a good amp and sub for 500-600 total that will give me what I'm looking for? Recommendations? Is it better to get 1 good sub vs 2 ok subs? I'm thinking a 10 or 12. Is a 10 big enough to fill the space if my Edge? What I'm reading here is that the sub is only as good as the box. I am not a carpenter and dont want to build if undont have to. Are there any good pre-built boxes? Not sure if I've provided enough info but any help would be greatly appreciated.

nauc

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Mar 22, 2005
Home

i have the 500 watt version of that amp, its solid. i like it a lot. does like 630 watts, scoped it myself

nauc

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Mar 22, 2005
Home
and id build a box. or have a shop build you one. worth the extra $ in the end, imo

danielbea122

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Jul 29, 2019
Tampa
I second the Sundown sa12. I have a single sa12 in my 14 Corolla

And this amp is like $175 on Amazon Soundcubed s1250 amp - 1250rms

that is if you want to run a single 12

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds