Any Advice Would be Appreciated

this is you realizing whats actually happening, that when you turn the radio on it consumes .2 volts, and you answer your own question that .2v is all it will take not constantly drop.
You're an idiot.

Go back and read my first post where I said that the voltage gradually decreases and that after 2 minutes it had gone down .2. I then said that I have not let the car idle or run long enough to see just how far down it would continue to gradually drop.

And yes I took your "research man cus you dont know bout batterys/electrical lol" comment as an insult considering your responses along with the other idiot telling me to buy a new battery have both been wrong. Fact is I've probably been installing car stereos longer than you've been alive.

Honestly, it sounds like you don't have much of a problem at all. Measure the voltage at your amp while you're blasting your music and see where you're at. Don't panic if it drops to mid 12's or something, because your alt will bring that back up between musical peaks. A little secondary batt in the back can help keep voltage from ever dropping below battery level(mid/upper 12's) so long as you're not running a lot of wattage, which you're not.

Big 3 can never hurt either.

Thank you.

Tested the voltage at the amp and it's reading the same as at the battery with the gradual drop. Also I figured out that the car has a 130amp alternator, not the 110 I originally posted. So unless it's going bad, it should be good enough to handle the small amount of power that the amp is consuming.

I may just let the car run with the radio, A/C, etc on while I'm home this weekend and see what the voltage reads after 15-20 minutes. See if it stabilizes or continues to drop to the point of the car stalling or something.

Took the battery out and started working on the wires today, so I'll get the big 3 done sometime and post an update.

it should stabilize at around 13.8v, your alt or any for that matter always starts up high 14.5-14.8 or even higher when cold in some cases higher than 15.0v.

from what i've read your's is fine and doing what it should. i wouldn't worry at all.

it should stabilize at around 13.8v, your alt or any for that matter always starts up high 14.5-14.8 or even higher when cold in some cases higher than 15.0v.from what i've read your's is fine and doing what it should. i wouldn't worry at all.
Thanks!!

Posted this in the big 3 thread, but thought I might get a better response here

"My stock negative battery cable is corroded and in need of replacement. I plan on just replacing it with the 0 gauge wire while I'm doing the big 3. My positive battery cable is fine, so I don't plan on replacing that wire, but I will add the 0 gauge from the alternator to the battery positive.

So my question is will it cause any problems having the stock positive wire and the 0 gauge positive wire running to the alternator but only the one 0 gauge wire on the negative side? Or should I replace the stock negative wire before I add the 0 gauge wires?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.