Anti system jacking methods - anyone?

b16_na
10+ year member

Here In houston, if they even hear a pinch of bass coming from your car, your bound to get jacked.

I need a few methods on how i can make my system unstealable or possibly hard to steal.

Would i be putting my subwoofers in danger if i drill holes in the box so i can bolt the box down to my chassis?

Also, what are some good places to bolt down your amp, and still give the amp enough room to get cool air.

I have an alarm, but who really pays attention?

Last of all, would i be endangering my pit bull if i leave him in my car, my pit can act as a theft deterrant. (J/K - Rhetoric Question LOL)

all i can say is bolt your schiznit down. if your box is thick enough i found metal "L" brackets hidden under the carpet work well. you may want the put some sealant around the holes u drill just to make sure no there are no air leaks. for the amps, i took off the back of my back seats and mounted them directly to the metal backing of the seat. then cut a hole in the fabric to let the amp through yet hide all the wires.be careful if this is the aproach u take. when cutting the seat back make sure u allow space to get around the terminals on both sides, and not to over cut and show the metal under the fabric. if folks are still eye'in your stuff take the pit for a walk, park your car by the dog house and dont feed him till morning. (jk) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

tak'er easy

Turn your stereo off anytime you are within 6 blocks of home or any place that you frequently park your car. What I did with my last set up was rebuild the trunk floor of my car out of 3/4 inch MDF and bolted that to the floor of the trunk. this way I can move stereo equipment around without putting 50 holes in my trunk. Before I installed the subs into my box I mounted the box by using screws long enough to go through the bottom of the inside of the box and through the trunk floor. I then used L brackets, like described by SAVAGE SOUND, and mounted them to all 4 corners of the box and MDF trunk flooring. My amps were just screwed down to the box. Seal off any holes that go through the box just in case of air leakage. Unfortunately, this only makes it harder for a theif to remove the stereo after they have broken into the vehicle. For the amps, you could build a box with cooling fans that do not expose any part of the amps. This box could then be mounted to the trunk floor as well. The best thing you can do is deterrence. Don't brag about your system, even to those you would think you can trust. Always roll your windows up and lock your doors. Park in well lit areas at night. And yes, alarms do work. I am very thankful that I invested in a good alarm, it allowed me to catch people twice trying to break into my car. Fortunately for them, they could run faster than I can. You can buy paging systems that will alert you when your alarm is going off, even if your 1/4 mile away from your vehicle. Chaining up your dog to outside of the car may be a good idea, but I don't know if I would leave a dog inside unless you like the smell of your pitbull.

We did a system in a new mustang before and they had the same problem. so we made the box to big to fit into the trunk normally. We made it so you could not get the box in or out threw the trunk or the back seat. For us to get it in we had to remove the back seat and bend the metal housing behind the seat. Once that was done we barely slid it in and bent everything back. You could never tell. Now for someone to steal it they would either have to take the car or have enough time to unscrew the speakers and amps. Hope this helps.

why dont you lock your trunk area...

my car has a key lock for the lever to open the back seat and the trunk itself...so why dont you just lock that sucker up? if you have a well installed alarm...and have your system locked up...it would take the bastards longer to steal your stuff and your alarm would be going off the whole time....that is considering your alarm isnt connected to your battery directly, you have a second alarm horn hidden, and the brain of the alarm hidden far away from the driver side dash

OK this comeing from an Ex car jacker. First thing is use screw that arent eazy to take off like allen screw*yes* it takes more time to screw these in for when your installing your stuff but no jacker gonna set there for that long . screw all allen screws into metal "sub box too"from the inside Amps to . Also if your not planing on taking anything out put glue in the screw's tops . Also if its hard to hit metal in your car like "civic's "use a wooden board and bolt it down in your trunk and than use allen screw's. For component Speakers use allen screws for fronts and bolts for back panel.For head unit just take you face out if you dont that on you. Trust me these are some of thing i had a prob with in my Jackin days.

P.S. No car jacker carrys an Allen screw diver or drill bit.

IMO, If you REALLY wanna make sure the jacker can't get your **** (even if he has allans on him) get some tamper-resistant torx screws ( http://www.mcmaster.com/param/asp/psearch.asp?FAM=selfdrill&FT_101=6046&FT_108=9287&FT_113=296&FT_318=9273&FT_320=9300&desc=410+Stainless+Steel+Pan+Pin%2DIn%2DHead+Torx+Self%2DDrilling+Screw ) and a screw driver to screw them in (fold-up torx key type c http://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/108/html/2630.html ) this may cost a little more but its worth it if you know your **** is going to be there when you come back. Also as tempting as it is to slap audio decals in your rear window...don't do it. Nothing is more stupid then advertising your system by playing loudly around where you park and by putting "steal me" stickers in the windows. Just my two cents...PEACE

__// CyBeR //__

Back in my 'doin dirt' days before e'rybody had pistols, I DID carry allen wrenches. My deterrents now are to think like a SMART thief would. Use different sizes of torx, allen, AND locktite if u don't plan on taking your stuff in and out frequently. Bolt your box down or make it so that it can't come out without a decent amount of TIME being used up. I've gottent the biggest boxes out of cars by myself when that adrenaline gets going. So time would be my worst enemy. If all else fails, do what Nas said and Get yourself a gun!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

the best way to deter car jackers is to simply NOT put music in your car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i have had my fair share of break in's...lost 2 pioneer cd decks within 3 months

my advice is that as the guy who wrote before me...is to NOT put "steal me" stickers on your car...put some tint on your car...even though some guys like to show off there custom upholstery...get a GOOD alarm system....take your deck face out and carry it with you...dont brag about your system...take the bus or a cab instead of driving //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

and if you can...leave a 10 foot snake of your choice under your seat together with the pit on the outside

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Set up a seperate cap connected to to a sheet of thin stell that they will have to remove..held in place by butterfly nuts so they have to use their fingers .. you could charge the cap after installation and tuning as well as discharge b4 more tuning or removal. Just make sure you ground the cap somewhere near what they will be leaning on the reach the sheet metal.. The sheet would ground upon touch as current so readily likes to do:D .. You can also be creative and add a sheet of plexy so it looks like it was set up for show instead of a booby trap ....Nothing like 2 or more joules going through you in less than a second //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif..its like putting your hand on top of an MSD distributor with the car running.. maybe worse...Funny how thieves will second guess rippin you off when they encounter pain:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Mike

Originally posted by mykeys Set up a seperate cap connected to to a sheet of thin stell that they will have to remove..held in place by butterfly nuts so they have to use their fingers .. you could charge the cap after installation and tuning as well as discharge b4 more tuning or removal. Just make sure you ground the cap somewhere near what they will be leaning on the reach the sheet metal.. The sheet would ground upon touch as current so readily likes to do:D .. You can also be creative and add a sheet of plexy so it looks like it was set up for show instead of a booby trap ....Nothing like 2 or more joules going through you in less than a second //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif..its like putting your hand on top of an MSD distributor with the car running.. maybe worse...Funny how thieves will second guess rippin you off when they encounter pain:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Mike
Hell yea! that sounds like a plan, shoot, they should get some pain for the pain i am going to take when i pull out my wallet for the window they broke! lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.