Answer this question for me?

Participant count
  • Participant list

00GREENMACHINE
10+ year member

no life poster
Noneya
I have a set of edi's up front. I have noticed that while playing music they sound fine. They get loud and dont distort. I like listening to morning shows on the way to work in the morning and there voices sound distorted. THis lead me to believe the woofer was blown. I pull the speaker from the door and turned it on to make sure something was not rattling or making the speaker sound that way. Free air it sounded fine. The woofer has a 2" spacer on it so the magnet will clear my window. Does anyone have any suggestions. The only thing I have not done is switch the left to right speaker wire. I have switched the rca's and I cant remember if there was a differrence?

It's probably the radio guys clipping their signals on thier own mixing boards. Most of that stuff sounds like crap to me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

FM stations tend to level out their transmit audio, so the quiet parts are brought up to the same levels as everything else...they also run the maximum deviation possible, so as to not sound "quieter" than the next station. I'm betting the "problem" is them...

if you are listening to CDs and they sound fine, it is the radio signal. speakers aren't blown only some of the time. a lot of voices sound distorted cuz they have the levels set high. is the radio distorted all the time? like with misic also?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.