Memphis Coaxial Speakers

I use the 6.5's and for the 100.00 a pair i paid for them they sound very good and get loud. However i have 4 15's so i am looking to upgrade because they do get drowned out. Running mine off a Viper 200.4

I have the Sync 6's as well...crossed over @ 63Hz, 24dB/oct. Excellent speakers for the price, but a few things to keep in mind.

They do need a little bit of attenuation up top; they come with metal dome tweets, after all. If you mount them in kicks or aimed door pods, you might want to buy the silk dome tweet Memphis sells instead, but off-axis it's not too bad.

They like power - even though Memphis' published specs are around 40W RMS on the 6.5", they'll take 100W per side like a champ. Just make sure your amp isn't clipping.

Like any speaker, the install is critical to getting the best performance out of it...that means sound deadening, proper baffle construction, making sure they're in the best IB enclosure you can do in your situation.

The shop I've done some work for has always sold Memphis. In terms of co-axials you may as well go with the entry line, because the step up (MClass) has no significant difference. The component sets (MSYNC) are a fairly significant improvement, and their power ratings are based solely on the woofers, so when run as a set, the power handling is much greater. The MCSQs with the silk dome tweeters are where it's at though -IMO //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.