Another "Help Me" thread...need HU suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Synyster97XLT
10+ year member

Reppin' the 304
Like a lot of other posters I've seen lately, I'm also just getting back into car audio as I have recently acquired a 1991 Cadillac Deville DTS after totalling my Buick. Anyways, I'm going to be installing something double DIN, I was just curious if there are any HU's that can be flashed with a custom GUI. I'm trying to do something completely custom and the option to create my own GUI menu screens would just put it over the top. While I'm doubtful there's anything like that, given my resources especially, kind of just testing the waters.

Alternatively, if flashing my own GUI isn't an option, what would all of you recommend for me? Budget really isn't an issue as most of this stuff won't be in the build phase until I can get all of my research and planning done. Ideally I'd like something with Bluetooth, the ability to set points for high/low pass filters AND the amount of decibels per octave of the slope (I've seen a few of these). I have a BOSE premium system so I'll at least have to get a PAC OS2-GM32 to keep BOSE and door chimes, and another harness to keep steering wheel controls, so something also with the ability to wire the steering wheel control kits and GMOS-06 to wire in. As far as display goes, from what I've seen, they all look pretty good - in regards to clarity and resolution, so that isn't too important as long as it doesn't look gawdy. I'm planning on a complete stereo overhaul, but the amount of custom fabrication I'm requiring for this vision is going to require a lot more money than I can come up with at the moment, but I'm graduating this semester so hopefully I'll be able to fund it by next year.

For the sake of TL;DR, I've bolded the really important parts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.