Another New Car lol. Really wanting this one in the 150s

[quote name='dudeogo']@Jeffdachef @Boomintahoe @hispls I like Zv5s HDC4s Death Penalties, DB3s, and Contraltos. I'm also cool with anything PSI, FI, and SSA but They aren't my first choice just due to build time.

Honestly, I'd really love to build some woofers myself. I'm okay with build time if I'm the one doing it lol.

if at all possible I'd like to stay around 500 a woofer... but I know thats not always possible especially with my goals.

My wallet says HDC4s and a lot lot lot of box testing[/QUOTE]

HDC4 is pretty solid for the money. I believe American Bass has a similar (possibly identical) 4" coil woofer as well.

Single 15 on 5K can get you 150 as could pair of 12s... with some testing.

If you want to try your hand at building, someone has a Fi N2 motor in the classifieds section for a fair price. Would be a good platform for a single 15.

[quote name='hispls']HDC4 is pretty solid for the money. I believe American Bass has a similar (possibly identical) 4" coil woofer as well.

Single 15 on 5K can get you 150 as could pair of 12s... with some testing.

If you want to try your hand at building, someone has a Fi N2 motor in the classifieds section for a fair price. Would be a good platform for a single 15.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I will do anywhere from an HDC4 (Minimum) up to a DB4 15 depending on how the budget works out. Lots of testing for me :))) and turns out @Jeffdacheff I have a AVH4200NEX which doesn't have network :(

[quote name='dudeogo']@Jeffdachef @Boomintahoe @hispls I like Zv5s HDC4s Death Penalties, DB3s, and Contraltos. I'm also cool with anything PSI, FI, and SSA but They aren't my first choice just due to build time.

Honestly, I'd really love to build some woofers myself. I'm okay with build time if I'm the one doing it lol.

if at all possible I'd like to stay around 500 a woofer... but I know thats not always possible especially with my goals.

My wallet says HDC4s and a lot lot lot of box testing[/QUOTE]

tag fail! I own the 1st X series subs. The Zv5 are the newest models drivers. newest technology in them.

Still don't understand how your 17 and own 3 vehicles :D

tag fail! I own the 1st X series subs. The Zv5 are the newest models drivers. newest technology in them.
Still don't understand how your 17 and own 3 vehicles //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I don't anymore. The Jeep is gone, the Verano is 50/50 ownership and it's going away and same thing with the truck. Just the Mazda now.

[quote name='dudeogo']Thank you. I will do anywhere from an HDC4 (Minimum) up to a DB4 15 depending on how the budget works out. Lots of testing for me :))) and turns out @Jeffdacheff I have a AVH4200NEX which doesn't have network :([/QUOTE]

HDC4 is very good bang for the buck. Not sure what you'd expect to gain over them shopping elsewhere?

I'll do the HDC4 to start. I have a soft spot for Alphard though
dont... lmao they aren't any where as quality as they put off to have people believe. my buddy's vital power 700.1 metered louder than the alphard 12k on both termlab and ear o meter. Alphard's terminals and tinsels are their weakspot and their packaging *****. My buddy's db4 15 sub arrived with the terminal broken and the nut stuck in the coil gap aka GG sub.

vital power 700.1 metered louder than the alphard 12k
Likely the Alphard "12K" is an 18V amp. IIRC Vital will blow up over 15.8V. Most of the serious SPL guys run 18V so that's not exactly apples to apples. Assuming they use Korean build house for amps they don't offer anything more or less than anybody else.

dont... lmao they aren't any where as quality as they put off to have people believe. my buddy's vital power 700.1 metered louder than the alphard 12k on both termlab and ear o meter. Alphard's terminals and tinsels are their weakspot and their packaging *****. My buddy's db4 15 sub arrived with the terminal broken and the nut stuck in the coil gap aka GG sub.
Okay. HDC4 then. Sounds fine to me. Unless anyone has a better Idea or I find a nice deal on something.

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Alphard subs seem to be more of the same off-the-shelf Chinese fare.
I really love my Hannibal. It's a better woofer than the Sundown SA I had. IMHO

What do you think for power on the HDC4? like 4k? or maybe less. It's daily. Ill compete but thats only like 3 days a year.

Likely the Alphard "12K" is an 18V amp. IIRC Vital will blow up over 15.8V. Most of the serious SPL guys run 18V so that's not exactly apples to apples. Assuming they use Korean build house for amps they don't offer anything more or less than anybody else.
They make 16v and 18v vital power amps... the vital won’t blow up at 15.8v... it will protect and you cycle it and it will turn right back on. Idk where you get your info but not good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.