My dual sundown sa-10 ported box build.

After some trial and error, I was able to build a ported box for 2 sundown sa-10s that go under the seat of my 2010 f150. There is a 2" seat lift required for the box but it is proven and tested to work. Many thanks to shredder2 for complete box design and walking me through things to get back on track. I only have a few pics... I was in a hurry building this because of the wicked cold. I might also add that the craftsmanship could have been much better but it got done and it bangs.

Box build

https://imgur.com/gallery/XiTPx

yIm1B2c.jpg

WsUcPK7.jpg

That port bracing is blocking to much air space. It’s gunna act like a smaller box like that imo

And what’s up with that divider wall between the subs? One sub in porter side and one in a sealed side?

So for the people that are just getting into car audio like myself, I strongly urge you to NEVER buy a premade box unless you are satisfied with less than mediocre. I bought a Fox Accoustics box that fit my truck and being hard headed like I am made for a sore ***. Listen to the vets on this forum because they know wtf they are talking about. There is really no comparison between this box and the Fox Box, before i could barely rattle the mirror with muddy mid base and no lows. Took it for a spin tonight after a couple wiring fixes and it will make your teeth chatter.

I can point out several issues and make things better for ya at the same time. Coming from an expert MDF builder. I agree with Hertz mafia...I myself would have preffered the traditional use the sub enclosure as part of the port instead of PVC pipes....will likely have port noise once you get it going. I see a split end on that "brace" board...likely the drill bit didn't drill deep enough for the screw. The 1st pic shows a screw on the left side of the sub, about to protrude thru the MDF....too close to the edge!! .375" is 1/2 of 3/4". So if your into building a box next time, after getting some lines marked, use the .375 from the edge will fit the screws perfectly centered/middle....and never worry about that ever agian.

Box looks pretty good. Sand flush everything and corner round the edges for a more pro looking enclosure.

Do your highs now and save up for a quality amp and alternator eventually... that CAB wont last forever at 1/2 ohm... I love those Cabs but there's a reason it's not recommended below 1 ohm.

At 1/2 ohm?... any amp is stressed at that load... with strong electrical... a dc2k... but I like big power
Fvck that. .5ohm and under daily is all I run. That’s where amps be making some real power. That cab will be fine if feed properly. For some odd random reason the amp fails it’s only $200 so go buy a new one.

Fvck that. .5ohm and under daily is all I run. That’s where amps be making some real power. That cab will be fine if feed properly. For some odd random reason the amp fails it’s only $200 so go buy a new one.
It's only his $$ tho right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.