Another build.. BL 18 in 6 cubes?

Participant count
  • Participant list
From what I've heard those like a bit bigger enclosure. More towards 6.5-7 cubes around what you were saying. I'm going off from what I've read and have been told.

Why wouldnt it?
Because of excatly what blobb just said. I don't want it to be too small. Will be ran off ~2k. I wasn't sure if it was TOO small and it would be choked.

Sounds good. Would this be ideal as a daily? My buddy is going to use it as a daily. Should this sound better than say, downsizing a bit and picking up a 15" BL in 6 cubes instead? (Same setup, 2k RMS @ 32hz).

The size and tuning are not the only determining factors. How much port area will you be using?
Not sure. I was probably going to have a box built. I thought port area determined tuning? Or do I have it wrong?

Not sure. I was probably going to have a box built. I thought port area determined tuning? Or do I have it wrong?
Port area, port length, and box volume are factors in tuning. When you say 6 cubes is that before sub and port displacement? If so a 15 would be a better option.

I could go bigger, but i'd have to build my own box. What exactly would be the 'difference' between the 15' and the 18' in optimal boxes ? On the same power, would the 18 play louder and lower?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.