Obsidian audio 18??

Participant count
  • Participant list

zeke813505
10+ year member

Does anyone have experience with these subs? Looking to get 2 in about 3 days or so running off a crescendo 2k. Reviews look pretty good but don't wanna hop on it to fast. Or any 1 18" fi sub? Was really looking at the Spg4 (I think that's what it is). Same amp and both will be tuned to 32hz. Which would be louder? I mostly listen to rap but also a little country . Thanks and god bless

I would go straight cone area if you have the room for it do the 2 obsidian's they will absolutely get down. I love my 15's my they will straight dig in the right box.

Id get the single fi sp4. Should dig wayyy lower. What vehicle this stuff goin in?
are you fucking high? unless that sp4 has twice the xmax of the obsidians (it doesn't, btw) it's not going to be louder on the lows.

It is twice the rms of both obsidian though. Would that really play a big role or no?
Not nearly as big a role as how much air your system can move.

even two OA 15's would probably be louder than a single 18" sp4

I've heard Nicks ( owner of obsidian audio ) crx the first time I went up there. The 2 18's he's got in that car is insane! Nicks running 3kw on them and the subs seem to laugh at him. The car is a daily driver for demos.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.