Another Box Build for IonSQL

Actually its Trupan Light, you should know I dont use MDF. I use the expensive, high quality stuff //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I dont know if there is a name for this specific design, I have never seen it before. Chris just came to me with this design and Im giving it a try. All credit goes to him for the design. Some of the stuff he comes up with.... is just flat out amazing.

Looks good so far. I've thought about rounding off all the corners before but not having a flush bit for my broken router kept me from trying. Well, that and the fact that kerfing is a ***** and takes a while without a movable saw.

How did you handle kerfing that long piece? I know you have a badass shop but I would like to see where you did that and how difficult it was.

Looks good so far. I've thought about rounding off all the corners before but not having a flush bit for my broken router kept me from trying. Well, that and the fact that kerfing is a ***** and takes a while without a movable saw.
How did you handle kerfing that long piece? I know you have a badass shop but I would like to see where you did that and how difficult it was.
Use a table saw. It wasnt really all that difficult, I did have to have someone hold the far end after it had been kerfed because it wanted to droop over the edge. It really wasnt too bad though, just took some time.

Use a table saw. It wasnt really all that difficult, I did have to have someone hold the far end after it had been kerfed because it wanted to droop over the edge. It really wasnt too bad though, just took some time.
I used a table saw with a 30" arm and kerfing a 60" piece was annoying as hell. I was by myself and I had issues with the center bowing up where I was making the cuts. It would have helped to have a friend or table extension.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.