Another Big 3 question

Explain it. Please. Humor me. I must have traded in my common sense when I got my electronics degree. Spoon feed it to me. Give actual information rather than trying to rally a crowd. Give me logic instead of irrelevant links.

I'll start: measure the resistance from one hand to the other. You'll have to switch your range to megaohms. Use ohm's law to see how much current is actually passing through your body when you touch 12vdc. Research how much current it takes to feel a shock.

I started with a genuine question that you clearly can't answer. I'm always open to conversation.
I love you too Susan!

Your original statement never mentioned a metal wrench. However, I'll humor you so you can learn. Give me all the details you want me to meet for the video.

I earned my associate's degree at Bismarck State College. What do you have against my degree? Please disprove a single thing I said. Facts required.

I earned my associate's degree at Bismarck State College. What do you have against my degree? Please disprove a single thing I said. Facts required.
You are the most anal person I've ever come across. It's not even funny anymore. I'm retracting what I said; those teachers deserve every penny you gave them.

As for me:
Win3x_Black_Screen_of_Death.gif

Nah I think you already proven you were the goat! Assuming that I was talking about touching a bolt with bare hands (pointless) and not with a wrench made you the clear winner of this argument boy.
So when people say "touch", i should automatically assume they mean "turn with a wrench while wearing a wedding ring". Makes sense.

Thank you guys for the info
I'll make make sure to unplug the battery before I attempt to work on it as I usually do with all things electrical, got sick of replacing fuses.
If I don't I'll make sure I film it for all to see

Thanks again

Is it me or does common sense not dictate that cap under the screw should be red indicating its positive?
They put a red cap on everything else that is positive.
I guess I'll have to write another firmly worded letter to someone.

Last edited:
Explain it. Please. Humor me. I must have traded in my common sense when I got my electronics degree. Spoon feed it to me. Give actual information rather than trying to rally a crowd. Give me logic instead of irrelevant links.

I'll start: measure the resistance from one hand to the other. You'll have to switch your range to megaohms. Use ohm's law to see how much current is actually passing through your body when you touch 12vdc. Research how much current it takes to feel a shock.

I started with a genuine question that you clearly can't answer. I'm always open to conversation.

Are you serious? You've obviously never been shocked by a car battery. I don't need to research how much current is passing through my body to know it hurts. Thats the only proof I need. Go outside and get shocked by your car battery and then come tell me you can't feel it.

Not to mention blown fuses, melted wire, possible damage to electronic components. Always disconnect power sources before you do any electrical work. Even something as small as 4v can have impact if shorted.

An associates degree apparently means you invented electricity or some ****.

Are you serious? You've obviously never been shocked by a car battery. I don't need to research how much current is passing through my body to know it hurts. Thats the only proof I need. Go outside and get shocked by your car battery and then come tell me you can't feel it.

Not to mention blown fuses, melted wire, possible damage to electronic components. Always disconnect power sources before you do any electrical work. Even something as small as 4v can have impact if shorted.

An associates degree apparently means you invented electricity or some ****.
No i haven't been shocked by a car battery. Are you playing with batteries in the bath tub or something? Sorry I have actual formal education on the subject. If the other guy said anything about preventing shorts that'd be different. He just said don't touch it and then wouldn't say why.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.