another amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

billy2363

I know pretty much nothing about car stereos, i have 2 10 inch jbl power subs and an old jl audio amp. it says it puts out 4by 110. i have that bridged to my subs and its not hitting as hard as i want. Im wondering if theres anyway i could add another amp to my system or should i just buy a more powerful amp and lose the other one?

since your current amp is an older model you probably won't be able to find another one to match it. so i would suggest you get a more powerfull amp to power both of your subs and then you could use the jl 4x110 for the mids and highs.

what amp would you recomend getting in the 200-300 dollar range to power the two 10s? Or are there any other simple ways to incease the power or make it hit harder besides another amp? If i want the only bass to come out of my subs, not my rear and front speakers how could i do that?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.