Android Headunit Opinions

Participant count
  • Participants list

Bdsankey

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am looking at putting a larger screen headunit into my 2002 Chevrolet Silverado (currently DEH-8800BHS) as I'd like to get things like navigation without putting my phone on the dash. I've been looking into Eonon and am wondering if those type of units have decent RCA outputs? I will be handling all of the DSP through an AudioControl D-4.800 so I am not too woried about the built in EQ, just concerned with the quality of signal the RCA's will provide to the amp/DSP. I'd be using just front/rear output as I plan to feed the sub amp with a filtered signal from the D-4.800 (I'd run the RCA for sub in the event I do decide to change it up).

I'm looking at the Eonon GA2187 atm as it's 1/4 the price of a Kenwood or Pioneer deck with similar features.

Avoid that Sony. The display is garbage. The GA2187 is far better.
I bought an android hu. I have one with 4gb RAM and 64gb storage.
It has 1 pair full signal, and 1 pair sub out puts. I think only 1.6v.
So I have the full signal going into a x-over/eq/line driver.
However, my front pillars are directly connected to it, and it whines, BADLY.
The rest of the system that's on amps are perfectly clean.
I'm QUITE pleased with its function, I think it's worth having.

I have a 10.1" version, top screen, and a 10.1" screen dedicated to my computer.

Attachments

• AndroidHU-6.jpg
    AndroidHU-6.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 99
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...