Analyzing the prototype.

It looks like you just **** at glueing since you got it everywhere.
Its excessive glue. The glue expands many times its volume! It literally expanded into every possible Gap! I didn't bother to wipe it off as it was drying because its cosmetic and its a prototype. The production drivers will be perfectly clean.

The production will have stronger magnets, vents in the gap on the backplate and a heatsink in the ID of the magnets. I am also contemplating on using a strong lightweight lazar etched alunimun duspcap to help dissipate even more heat..

So I ordered a prototype from SJA in attempt to get more more motor strength and to see if he can do better. Should be here in a few weeks.

Very similar design with a custom coil but dual 10" slugs and a huge bumped backplate(same as the apxx).

Lower carbon steel 1008 and y35 magnets. Trying right now to restructure the coil former and use slightly smaller spiders to save on the MMS and increase efficiency in the bandwidth.

No lie though this current prototype is going to be hard to beat it sounds ******. In doing this to try to keep the product in America and using American coils. I hope this driver is at least as good and in hoping the changes result in a better driver but by no means is the current beast bad. The lowed is controlled and jarring the upper end is good. It has a slow roll off up top but it blends very well and sounds great even crossed a 80. No doubt 1 more spider and the stronger magnets will improve the efficiency but I have to try an American buildhouse out of being a loyal American..

the steel used by SJA is 1008 while the steel in hte current driver is 1012 also the y30 is a tad weaker than the y35.. so the combination of the better steel for magnetization and better magnets (y35 and a good magnetizer) i should beable to get the QES closer to .45. tht and im going to try to use a different former and spider to save weight as long as it has a linear KMS curve past 25mm..

Im pretty set on htis driver but ill give george a chance because its american stuff. basically its more of MY preference of the drivers design not that its necessarily better in every situation..

I'll buy some just to do a bad review on YouTube and steer people away from them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif just cause the owner is a D bag

I'll buy some just to do a bad review on YouTube and steer people away from them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif just cause the owner is a D bag
Kmsl. You don't even have a job..you are a little whinny ***** and your system is built by another installer.

Kmsl. You don't even have a job..you are a little whinny ***** and your system is built by another installer.

I have a job.stay at home dad. Don't be jelly. We been over thisZ I still do side jobs and make my own money. And no the only thing built by someone else is the ENCLOSURE... just like 90% of bassheads have someone build them a solid enclosure.

Make your wife order. She's the one who will buy it anyways.. Kmsl. Ill still sell you one because its going to impress you anyways. ROFL..
I do the ordering around here. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Kmsl. I bet you do.

Chances are you will buy one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

This woofer is efficient down low you would love it. I prefer to shift that efficiency abit higher so I'm going to get sja to build a stronger motor and slightly stiffer spiders and use a slightly shorter coil former and lighter cone so its more efficient in the 65+ area. If sja can't nail the design JLD will get the biz. They gonna use the y35s a shorting ring and gap vent cooling and it will handle a 4kw unclipped after rise with ease.. I can get it stinky now on some stuff but I didn't put my alt in yet and its clipped pretty good because it is a dual 2.2 ohm coil.

Ill more likely do dual 1s because most people want to run 1/2 ohm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Papermaker85

5,000+ posts
Banned
Papermaker85
New orleans LA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date