amps cutting out

stereoguy

notown
Before i go n dump more money maybe yall can help me out anyways this is my setup..alpine hu,audiocontrol preamp,two jl 500/1 amps feeding each 10 w7s in a ported box,running 4gauge streetwires from battery to a 150anl fuse down to a distubution block with two 60agu fuse to each amps with 4gauge as well,ground are also 4gauge to a distubution block n 4 gauge out to each amps,big3 upgrade with 4gauge on stock alt n battery.,gains on the amps are lil over half and all connection are tight..my problem is when i turn the volume up and the bass hit it will cut out then comes back on but if i play it at low volume it is fine also when its cutting out i look at the lights on both amps n it stay green no blink or off and if i unplug one sub itll play as loud as i want just cutting when both subs are hookup.two guys from diffrent shop say i need 0gauge are they telling the truth or just want me to buy their wires? Please let me know what i can do or did wrong cause im stuck..thks

Thks jasonaz for the help even thought theres like over 100 viewers .yea at first i thought it might be the preamp too but try running str8 to the hu n it still does the same.today i test the voltage and it was droping down to 9-10 when bass hit then cut out i was looking at the light on the amps also n was dimming but not off..maybe i do need 0gauge cause it only does it with both subs hookup but i dont know why its only 1000rms cause in my other car with my last system i had a jl 1000v2 on 4 gauge n i was able to bump as loud as i want no problem.anymore more help would be great..

um, if you are running 1000 rms. you shouldnt be using a stock alt, along with the battery. upgrade the alt a bit and get a deep cycle battery. also check your connections...

If you have access to a fast responding DMM or an o-scope, check the DC voltage between ground and +12 power terminals on one of the amps when no music is playing. Then crank it up see if the voltage is dropping/dipping when the base cuts out. Let us know what your measurements are.

Good Luck.

Jep

Thks guys for the help i just order sum 0 gauge.gonna upgrade the big3 n try the 0 gauge hopefully that will stop the cutting out.by the way i did check voltage with car off 12.5 an engine on at 13.8 n drop down to 9-10 then cut out n comes back but no lights dimmin maybe very lil.i dont kno might b the alternator i believe its only 70amp but the thing i dont get is that my civic has same amp on the alternator n was ok no problem or it b im using both amps grounded to a distubution block? More help the better so if u guy can help out thatll b kool cause im do **** atm lol

Hmm i dont know bro, i dont know where else to find a ground if the one i got is not good enough..i use a bracket bolt thats in the trunk take that bracket out n sand all the paints off with a power tool n bolt the ground tight..i will take a pic of it later

um, if you are running 1000 rms. you shouldnt be using a stock alt, along with the battery. upgrade the alt a bit and get a deep cycle battery. also check your connections...
That shouldnt be a problem. I have a 1992 Toyota 4x4 and am running about 1700 rms with a stock altinator, just done the big 3 and have a deep cycle battery, mine is doing just fine. I personally would be checking all ground connections.

...well heres my ground..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.