Amps better or similar to Planet Audio RXD2400?

westman995
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Minnesota
You can get used/refurbished for around 250-300 bucks. I cant say for sure those put rated power, but im betting they do, or real close to. Seems like a solid amp to me. Reason i ask is my buddy has one, but he burnt it up. I assume it burnt up cuz he ran it off completely stock elecrtical and 4 guage wiring at 1 ohm (2400 rms)

Anyways, this may sound stupid but i dont want to get the same amp as him otherwise id prolly buy one of those (hes planning to fix his or buy another) And we already the same subs, DD 9515 but mine has the big CF cap, his is smaller. Anyways..

Long story short. What amps are good or better than the rxd2400? Cuz his setup was **** loud. Im really looking for 2k plus at a budget. Decent budget amp. Thinking under 300 hopefully if possible. Not really looking at any hifonics, not the lower line like brutus or anytihng at least. I just cant think of any decent budget amps. The only ones i can tihnk of are those ap3000d amps or other shitty brands. I hear the ap3000 is a good budget amp, but they are ugly as hell and i dont really want an audio pipe either.

Wont put out the rated power. Having worked there for several years, I know the ins and outs of that particular amp. Not what it's cracked up to be. "Handcrafted in the USA" simply means "we put this badge on it in the USA". In all honesty the RXD2400 is the same amplifier as the Phoenix Gold SD line of amps (same board). Also, Planet Audio is the sister company to Boss Audio, so you can find the same amplifier in the Boss line for less money.

Wont put out the rated power. Having worked there for several years, I know the ins and outs of that particular amp. Not what it's cracked up to be. "Handcrafted in the USA" simply means "we put this badge on it in the USA". In all honesty the RXD2400 is the same amplifier as the Phoenix Gold SD line of amps (same board). Also, Planet Audio is the sister company to Boss Audio, so you can find the same amplifier in the Boss line for less money.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif:furious:thats ****ed up so they lie!!! i had a hvt tube amp from them that was made by zed so i know that was US made. but what you just told me is quite disturbing.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

that's like naming a town in china America producing products there and putting made in America on those products!!!!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif:furious:thats ****ed up so they lie!!! i had a hvt tube amp from them that was made by zed so i know that was US made. but what you just told me is quite disturbing.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gifthat's like naming a town in china America producing products there and putting made in America on those products!!!!
The HVT, the original "P" series and the original Big Bang series amps (large class AB's) were all designed by ZED. I believe the boards were from Korea but stuffed here. The HVT's were AWESOME amplifiers but a tad pricey. Funny, when they were discountinued and blown out all of a sudden all the retailers wanted them and were upset that they were going away. lol.

I left after I saw too many products going by way of rebadged BOSS Audio gear.

**** i dont even know what to believe now. Ive never used the amp personally. But when my buddy used it, it seemed pretty solid and god **** loud. Im pretty sure the only reason it burnt up was he ran it off stock power, 4g wire, and sometimes even listened to it with his car turned off. Then one day he said it just went in smoke. So gotta say he messed that one up himself.

i just sold one i have gut shots if you want...
Ive seen gut shots and have seen the inside personally after my buddies blew up, but i did not look it over carefully cuz i dono alot about the stuff. How much did you sell yours for?

Where are the big bang amps made? And are they comparable to the rxd series? The bb 2400 has the same power ratings but is not as tall and is way longer. He wants to replace the rxd with one of those, and i was thinking i might pick up an rxd2400

You know what, if they are nice close up shots, post them up so i can take a look.

How about the Audiopipe AP30001D amp? Its the latest forum boner lately. I actually bought 2 myself, but have not powered them up yet, but I got each of mine for 265each shipped! hella deal, and people are claiming they do rated. They do 3000w @ 2ohm bridged, OR 1500w X2 @ 1ohm. MIght want to consider it.

How about the Audiopipe AP30001D amp? Its the latest forum boner lately. I actually bought 2 myself, but have not powered them up yet, but I got each of mine for 265each shipped! hella deal, and people are claiming they do rated. They do 3000w @ 2ohm bridged, OR 1500w X2 @ 1ohm. MIght want to consider it.
So i have seen. I dono, i read alot that theyre good for the money, or great for the money. But IMO those things are ugly as **** and that honestly turns me away from them.

If possible, id like to get a little more power than that. I have two 9515d D2 subs, i am only running one right now due to one is damaged, but will be fixed. That amp would work good with the subs as far as ohm load. I dono, but im sure two 9515's on 1.5k each would flat out fukin pound, to me at least. Hell right now im running it of maybe 500 watts and its still decently loud, surprised that little power even moves the sub really.

If i were to get that amp i could run it at 4 ohm to get 2000, i do believe for the one sub, then when i get the other sub fixed i can run it at 3000 @ 2 which would do nicely.

Where'd you get them for that price? If i recall theyre around 300+ new.

I got mine from here ( http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Car-Audio-And-More__W0QQ_armrsZ1 ) Right now there going for 295, but watch this seller, he will sometimes drop the price to 265!

Also, dont worry about how they look. First off In person they really do look nice and there pretty heavy 20+lbs each. I flipped my amp over, removed the bottom cover, cut/made my own plexiglass bottom, and will mount the amp upside down, to show off its guts. Now with doing this, the people that think its ugly, wont anymore.

I got mine from here ( http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Car-Audio-And-More__W0QQ_armrsZ1 ) Right now there going for 295, but watch this seller, he will sometimes drop the price to 265!
Also, dont worry about how they look. First off In person they really do look nice and there pretty heavy 20+lbs each. I flipped my amp over, removed the bottom cover, cut/made my own plexiglass bottom, and will mount the amp upside down, to show off its guts. Now with doing this, the people that think its ugly, wont anymore.
And that guy is asking 400 bucks for the rxd2400. Tho im sure his is new, while the others are refurbished are going for 300 or less. Can get used ones for around 250 or less if you can find them.

Im going to again consider that amp. Ive considered it before also. I dont have the cash for an amp right now either. And im going to need a battery and an alt before i can put a decent amp to work in my car also, so its gona be pretty spendy to get going.

His info on the amp is wrong too. It says like 1500 watt max amp, and 3000 @ 1 ohm. That is all wrong, right? Its also 30 bucks for shipping from that guy.

First of all, Image Dynamics, how were you working in California when you live in Canada? Planet Audio is a relatively small car audio company so I doubt you just happen to have worked for them.

Anyway, I had one but I blew it. I let someone else borrow it for a while though cause I'm stupid, and he's retarded and couldn't figure out how to wire the subs and I think ran them at like 1 ohm or half an ohm. Mine was refurbished to begin with too though. But it's a good amp, anything newer isn't great. Don't touch the Torq line or the Apocalypse line but that or older should be good.

First of all, Image Dynamics, how were you working in California when you live in Canada? Planet Audio is a relatively small car audio company so I doubt you just happen to have worked for them.
Anyway, I had one but I blew it. I let someone else borrow it for a while though cause I'm stupid, and he's retarded and couldn't figure out how to wire the subs and I think ran them at like 1 ohm or half an ohm. Mine was refurbished to begin with too though. But it's a good amp, anything newer isn't great. Don't touch the Torq line or the Apocalypse line but that or older should be good.
Those amps are stable at atleast 1 ohm rated by planet audio so im guessing he ran it at lower and/or shitty electricl or anything else he could have done wrong. Im not sure but i think someone said that amp could take half ohm if you got the electrical but not sure.

I was thinking the same when he lives in canada.. Im most likely going to go with the rxd line is pretty good and good for the money. Other than that guy from canada, alot of people agree its a good amp.

Still open to suggestions tho.

Also curious if anyone has anything to say about the big bang amps? The bb2400 has the same power ratings as the rxd2400 but just looks, different case, its longer and not as tall. Are those amps any good?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.