• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 1
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

When I select my amplifier, do I want a 12 volt unit, 14.4 volt unit, or a 17 volt unit? If I should get one of those higher voltage amplifiers, and my car charging and power is only 12 volts (altermator actual = 13.8 volts), how do I get the 14.4 or 17 volts to my amplifier?

Thanks

Christopher

the amps arent actually different voltages, that is just what the company uses to test the amps and show you the ratings for. so an amp that says 150 watts at 12v is actually more powerful then an amp that says 150 watts at 14.4 so lok for an amp that makes a good rms power at the lower volts when your car is running it puts out 14.4 a lot and a cap can help raise it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.