4 Channel Amp Recommendations

I've talked to the guys from crutchfield and they told me to get JL Audio JD400/4. That amp is rated at 75 watts rms at 4 ohm. I had more interest in the JP84 from down 4 sound. The issue is my rear door speakers they are rated at 80 watt rms and the JP84 are rated at 90 watts rms at 4 ohms. So I'm thinking I will just keep the gain low so I wont overpower them and blow them. The JP84 has more power and is $80 cheaper than the JL audio amp. That's why I wanted that amp instead of the JL. So what's your opinion on that? I looked up zmans amp he recommended just don't want to spend that much on an amp.

Its my understanding that your amp gain should be set to match your stereo output, to get the best signal from your source. It's not a volume button. Use the volume button on your stereo to control how much power goes to your speakers. I may be wrong on that and welcome any corrections. Go with the amp that you think will best fit your need and wallet, after reading the reviews. Happy listening.

I've talked to the guys from crutchfield and they told me to get JL Audio JD400/4. That amp is rated at 75 watts rms at 4 ohm. I had more interest in the JP84 from down 4 sound. The issue is my rear door speakers they are rated at 80 watt rms and the JP84 are rated at 90 watts rms at 4 ohms. So I'm thinking I will just keep the gain low so I wont overpower them and blow them. The JP84 has more power and is $80 cheaper than the JL audio amp. That's why I wanted that amp instead of the JL. So what's your opinion on that? I looked up zmans amp he recommended just don't want to spend that much on an amp.

Tons of good little 4 channel amps around $100-$150 range. Taramps 440x4, 400x4, Alpine S-A32F would push them, Kenwood and Pioneer both make an amp in that range that would push them as well.

The JL seems rather competitively priced in that category. If you're going to buy a me-too Chinese catalog brand there's probably better options than buying from some e-celebrity. Soundqubed comes to mind as a good balance between selling the same amps as everybody else at a low margin but also likely to be in business long enough to make good on a warranty if anything goes wrong.

I'd get a taramps or nvx 4 channel over a jp84...

Both of those sound better than a jp84 imo

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...