amplifier issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

finnmorgan

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have bought a car with a very professionally installed Kenwood system from the early 2000s I assume.
The issue i'm facing is in the Kenwood KAC-8404 Amplifier. For some reason the A-channel only output on the right speaker. The mono switch forces audio to the left channel and so there is no output from speakers. The same symptoms occur when I tried swapping the speaker wires across left/right and trying the other speaker pair. And each of the four RCA input cables are working. I'm not sure if this is a failure in the amplifier or wiring. Maybe there is a procedure in wiring it I'm missing? 47411FCB-8BDB-4954-ABC6-81FF99575D2C.jpeg

I would pull it out and bench test it. Some Audio shops will Bench test an amplifier fairly cheap or will charge nothing at all to a good returning customer

Would you take a better picture of the buttons? When you set a switch to mono I assume you have to bridge the left and right channels.

could the switch be broken from old age? Maybe Ill test that with a multimeter, I was able to take it apart earlier for an inspection and didn't see anything glaringly wrong.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...