21 Kia seltos wiring inquiry

Participant count
  • Participant list

BrentJones

CarAudio.com Newbie
21 Kia Seltos

Objective - Change the 4 stock speakers, add 2 amps, and sub. Would like to use the factory wiring harness’ in the doors to the speakers. Tap in to the main harness inside the cabin to run to the converter>amps>then back.

Inquiry - The front door speakers are set up in a component array with a mid woofer and satellite tweeter. The wiring to both speakers in the front left door are identical, both orange and green. I am wanting to eliminate the tweeter and run a 2-way speaker. Is there a crossover network somewhere up the line that I need to account for? Or are there resistors on the individual speakers controlling the frequency output? I am just starting the project and looking to minimize cutting open the main wire harness as much as possible.

Thank you for your time and advice.

21 Kia Seltos

Objective - Change the 4 stock speakers, add 2 amps, and sub. Would like to use the factory wiring harness’ in the doors to the speakers. Tap in to the main harness inside the cabin to run to the converter>amps>then back.

Inquiry - The front door speakers are set up in a component array with a mid woofer and satellite tweeter. The wiring to both speakers in the front left door are identical, both orange and green. I am wanting to eliminate the tweeter and run a 2-way speaker. Is there a crossover network somewhere up the line that I need to account for? Or are there resistors on the individual speakers controlling the frequency output? I am just starting the project and looking to minimize cutting open the main wire harness as much as possible.

Thank you for your time and advice.

Check out this business, (PAC – Connecting cars and technology. Your total installation solution. (pac-audio.com) ) as they specialize in wiring harnesses to allow you to plug into the OEM wiring harness and add separate amplifiers. (You can daisy chain the amplifiers.) I used them several years ago to add an amplifier for subwoofers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...