AMPLIFIER AND ALTERNATOR HELP

Alejandro17

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 30, 2018
So I'm intrested in two Soundstream T5.122 Tarantula T5 Series 2,000 Watt 12″ Subwoofers each is rated at 1,000 RMS. I used the amplifier slection tool on https://www.sonicelectronix.com/Matching-Subwoofers-Amps/2-63-94454?filter_f_op_123=232 . I know I want a class D mono amplifier and I want each speaker to have 1,000 or more RMS but no more than 1,500. I'm planning on adding this to my 2004 Ford F150 XLT Extended Cab. The vehicle has a OEM 110A alternator and a regular 12V battery. I need some help if whether or not I have an adequate amount of power to run the whole system.

keep_hope_alive

Acoustics Engineer
Premium Member
10+ year member
May 1, 2007
Quad Cities, IL
Depends on your use of the volume knob.  :)   

But seriously, it does.  Adding a volt meter to the dash would allow you to monitor voltage and you will get to figure out how much of an issue it is.  Usually, it is typical to install first then assess the need.  Certainly, the stock alt would struggle if you achieved the actual power output (clamped) that you desire. 

But if you end up being happy when the actual output of the amp(s) is around 500W then maybe you're fine.  We won't know what volume level will appease you.

Certainly start looking at possible alternator upgrades and make sure the battery you have is healthy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds