Amplifer not working; remote wire problem.

Participant count
  • Participant list

idaho immortal

Utah
A couple of weeks ago, someone tried to steal my sub and amp out of my trunk. It looked like they ran for it, because all of it was no longer fastened in to my trunk.

I'm not very good with cars, or sound systems for that matter, but, I've checked all fuses under the hood and on the amp, I know they're all good, and everything is connected. I'm not sure where the ground is connected, the car and the sound equipment were both a gift, but that doesn't even seem to be the problem.

There is no power going to the amp, and after some reading, it looks like my issue is the remote wire, but when I pulled the deck out and connected the two blue wires nothing happened at all.

Would it still be safe to say this is my problem? It was a quick job on the wires just to test them, so I twisted them around each other and had no response at all from the amp or sub.

There is also a four pin plug on the back of the amp, which says "High Level Power." It has nothing going to it, and I'm not sure if it's necessary.

My setup is:

Kenwood kdc-mp435u Head

Sony Xplod X-1252GTR Amp

and an alpine 12" e series sub.

High level power isn't necessary its an alternative to RCA cables. Do you have a digital multi meter? It's a little hand held device that tests for power going to something or do you have a test light?

I don't have a multimeter.

It looks like there is two unlabeled wires behind my deck going to nothing though, so if I try connecting and it went to the wrong one, will it cause damage?

It shouldn't damage it. You want to connect the remote wire (going to the amp) to the back of the deck wire that is blue with a white stripe, if you do that and it doesn't work then you can rule that problem out. Is your fuse under the hood blown?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.