Amp wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

DDlover

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys. I need some advice on my built. I currently have 4 × Dd815 D2 subs and 2 x DD m4b 5000rms monos. I have wired the two subs at 0.5 ohms so im basically running 2 subs per amp. I have a upgraded alternator of which im not sure what the amperage is and i have 4 kinetics blu1800 at the back and 1 blu2400 in front. I have basically gain matched the two amps but im not happy with the performance. The voltage drop is alot. I also would like to know if it would be better to swop the negatives subwoofer wires on the amps. ( one subs positive with the other ones negative ) i have double 0 gauge runs from the alternator to battery bank at the back and double from there to the amps. I have multiple grounds although i havent checked the resistance. I have been played a few demos and when i connected my charged it went up to 100% in a few min. I have a nocco smart charger.Any advice and comments would be appreciated. Where i am there isnt alot of help when it comes to car audio. Thanx

Last edited:
Hey guys. I need some advice on my built. I currently have 4 × Dd815 D2 subs and 2 x DD m4b 5000rms monos. I have wired the two subs at 0.5 ohms so im basically running 2 subs per amp. I have a upgraded alternator of which im not sure what the amperage is and i have 4 kinetics blu1800 at the back and 1 blu2400 in front. I have basically gain matched the two amps but im not happy with the performance. The voltage drop is alot. I also would like to know if it would be better to swop the negatives subwoofer wires on the amps. ( one subs positive with the other ones negative ) i have double 0 gauge runs from the alternator to battery bank at the back and double from there to the amps. I have multiple grounds although i havent checked the resistance. I have been played a few demos and when i connected my charged it went up to 100% in a few min. I have a nocco smart charger.Any advice and comments would be appreciated. Where i am there isnt alot of help when it comes to car audio. Thanx
What type of Alternator upgrade have you done?Stock or a High Output Alternator?Running at 1/2 ohm you need POWER. As I have said many times.. IT TAKES POWER TO MAKE POWER

What type of Alternator upgrade have you done?Stock or a High Output Alternator?Running at 1/2 ohm you need POWER. As I have said many times.. IT TAKES POWER TO MAKE POWER
As far is i know or been told its a high output alternator . I took the stock alternator out and had one built for the car. I am not sure what the output is though. Think its best i have it tested?

You need to find out more info on that alt. I'm betting its an ebay or Amazon alt which they claim is ho but you proved to us your having voltage drop and unsure of the brand as well as amperage it puts out. Having 3 batteries and a stock alt isn't gonna work. Your just asking the alt to work 3x as much to recharge the batteries. You need a few 270-300 amperage alts to keep up with the amps you have. I would look into Brand X, Singer. Excessive Amperage, etc. As airline in said it takes power to make power.

Thanks alot appreciated. I have 5 kinetics in total so the alternator must be working hard. All i can get at the moment, that is easily available in SA is Mechman and DS18.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.