Noise only when Engine is running (Buzzing sound - increase with gain boost)

Participant count
  • Participant list

bangity

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello,

I have a 2 way component system setup (2 tweeters and 2 woofers), a Joying HU, a 600Watt Amp + a 400Watt standalone Sub. I run the power wire on the right and audio cables in the middle.

I ran a 4 gauge power cable to the amp, another 10 gauge cable tapped into that for the 400watt sub. 10 gauge ground cable into the ground slot on the Amp + 4 gauge ground cable from that same slot into the ground of the car (bolt of the car passenger seat). I sanded and cleaned the bolt slot before I bolted it down.

However, there is this buzzing sound only when the engine is running. It increases when I increased the boost/gain on the amp. It does not change with the RPM of the engine.
I tried grounding the ground cables (both left + right audio output from the HU) onto the HU chassis (there is no RCA cables in the setup). But when I do this, there is no buzz but there is also no sounds. I then tried grouding the Ground cable of the HU itself onto the chassis but there is no changes (buzzing and sound still there).

I tried different ground spots as well but no change. I have no other solutions. Prior to installing the 400watt standalone sub today, the buzzing was very minimal. But it has doubled since the addition of the sub.

This is what I am using.

Rockville SS8P 400 Watt Slim Under-Seat Powered Car/Truck Subwoofer Sub+Amp Kit
71YITr-QVjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Planet Audio AC600.2 2 Channel Car Amplifier - 600 Watts, Full Range, Class A/B, 2-4 Ohm Stable, Mosfet Power Supply,
Bridgeable

81KWPrVR%2BpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The HIGH LEVEL INPUT. I did not ground the middle wire. When I tried to ground to the chassis (same ground point as the 4 gauge wire), the buzz gets very bad. Should I ground this wire back to the HU or HU chassis?

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.