Amp Wiring kit too thick

Baseballer
10+ year member

Hey guys... Im a semi-noob at car audio so bare with me, and help is appreciated! Anyway, How would you guys suggest I wire my amp(Alpine MRP m550 mono Class D) I have a Scosche 1200 watt(680 RMS) Wiring kit with a thick 6ga Power wire. The holes where all of the wires like the speaker wires, Ground, and power are very small, looks like it was made for cheap wiring. Can someone help? I can't get the wiring in.

haha. I'm in high school so this amp is plenty for me. Can anyone tell me how to hook up the wires though? The "terminal" where you put in the wires is too small and it wouldn't even screw down. How do I fix that?

haha. I'm in high school so this amp is plenty for me. Can anyone tell me how to hook up the wires though? The "terminal" where you put in the wires is too small and it wouldn't even screw down. How do I fix that?
haha im in highschool also brotha and im pounding with 2,000+rms...lolz....and that aint still not enough for me..i still want more...

It wouldnt be no worse then a reducer.
Either get a 4ga to 8 ga reducer off of Ebay, or a 4ga to 8ga dist block.

I assume the amp's terminal's are the circle kind, with the set screw and not the kind you'd use a spade crimp on?

[spade crimp]:

http://www.cybermarket.co.uk/ishop/images/923/thumbnail/t_782.012.jpg
Ya where you put the wire in the little square and clamp it down with a flat bottom screw... but the little square is too small. I have Smaller wires when i had a shitty amp that would fit, but thats shitty wiring too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.