Amp turns on when it wants to

Participant count
  • Participant list

ggriffin13
10+ year member

I have a 2007 cobalt LT coupe. Older boss amp and 2 12 inch jl audio subs, i have an aftermarket head unit but the rcas are in a line output converter.

- My problem is that my amp only turns on when i wake up in the morning to go to school and after 7 pm, when i get out of school at 2:46 the amp will not turn on.

- I was thinking that the problem is that i have a ****** amp, cause Boss is a pretty horrible brand. Another thought i had was that the line output converter is not putting enough volts to my amp.

- It can't be a heating problem because i did this in the winter and 80 degree weather ( i live in Michigan )

Please help out, this problem is bugging the hell out of me,

--Griffin

Well the amp should come on regardless of the voltage from the preouts, unless it is set to signal sense turn on. It is the remote wire that is more than likely the culprite. How is it hooked up, I personally know that because those vehicles have no radio ign power some people buy the LOC with the sensing turn on wire that is sketchy at best.

I doubt it, like I said if the amp is actually turning off it shouldn't have anything to do with the preouts. I would recommend having it benched

well if you have 12v on the remote wire and the power wire and reading a good ground that is likely the case, as unfortunate as it is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

well if you have 12v on the remote wire and the power wire and reading a good ground that is likely the case, as unfortunate as it is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Oh well it's just a boss amp, I was planning on getting a new system anyway

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.