New amp install not working

bupon

A friend and I just finished installing a head unit and an amp. The head unit works great but the amp won't turn on. The amp is a LA Sound Ventura 200BT. The last time I used it(a day ago) it worked fine. After installing everything and turning on the system for the first time it wouldn't come on. We wired the amp turn on with the antenna turn on. We tried setting it to FM and AM and it still would't come on. Thanks for you're help.

what kind of car is this? Headunit? Did you use a harness adapter or just hard wire from HU to car? Do any lights appear on the amp at all when the car and HU are both on?

what kind of car is this? Headunit? Did you use a harness adapter or just hard wire from HU to car? Do any lights appear on the amp at all when the car and HU are both on?
1997 Chevy Cavalier, Kenwood KDC-252U HU. We used a wire harness adapter. And when both the HU and car are on the light on the amp doesn't come on.

The best thing to do is to put a meter on it and see if you are getting 12v~14v between the power and ground, then do the same between the remote and ground when the car is running, if you are missing voltage on one, then either the wire is grounded somewhere or the ground is bad...if you are getting the voltage you are looking for I would take the amp out and bench test it

I believe it should be wired into the orange wire. Here is the schematic for the 97 cav

Constant 12V+ Orange

Switched 12V+ Yellow

Ground Black

Illumination Gray

Dimmer Brown

Antenna Trigger Pink

Antenna Right Front

Front Speakers 4" x 6" Doors

Left Front (+) Tan

Left Front (-) Gray

Right Front (+) Light Green

Right Front (-) Dark Green

Rear Speakers 6" x 9" Rear Deck

Left Rear (+) Brown

Left Rear (-) Yellow

Right Rear (+) Dark Blue

Right Rear (-) Light Blue

I believe it should be wired into the orange wire. Here is the schematic for the 97 cav
Constant 12V+ Orange

Switched 12V+ Yellow

Ground Black

Illumination Gray

Dimmer Brown

Antenna Trigger Pink

Antenna Right Front

Front Speakers 4" x 6" Doors

Left Front (+) Tan

Left Front (-) Gray

Right Front (+) Light Green

Right Front (-) Dark Green

Rear Speakers 6" x 9" Rear Deck

Left Rear (+) Brown

Left Rear (-) Yellow

Right Rear (+) Dark Blue

Right Rear (-) Light Blue
If he hooks the orange wire up to the remote turn on terminal/wire for the amp the amp won't shut off when the car does. It will eventually kill his battery.

A friend and I just finished installing a head unit and an amp. The head unit works great but the amp won't turn on. The amp is a LA Sound Ventura 200BT. The last time I used it(a day ago) it worked fine. After installing everything and turning on the system for the first time it wouldn't come on. We wired the amp turn on with the antenna turn on. We tried setting it to FM and AM and it still would't come on. Thanks for you're help.
What color wire did you hook your remote turn on lead up to? Did you connect it to a wire in the cars harness or on the radios harness?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.