amp to sub wiring.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bullet03
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have 2 kicker cvr12's (4 ohm) powered by a crunch p1100.2 i have them wired at 4 ohm in series, bridged at them amp. which is how i was told to do it from kicker, as well as from many on here, my question is would it be better for the subs if i wired them one to each channel on the amp, if i plan on using them for most of a 6 hour trip im about to go on? or should i just leave it as is and they will be fine? i know its a newbie-ish question but just want to do what will be best for them if i plan on using them for most of the trip.

The amp would be less efficient with a 2 ohm load rather than a 4 ohm load, but probably something you wouldnt even notice. I'd just leave it as is.

i was thinkin the same. i just didnt want to burn up my subs by allowing them to play that long, not that i will let them run for 4-6 hours straight.. but just a question. thanks for a quick answer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.