Amp stuck in protect mode

Participant count
  • Participant list

ankurjana

First of all this issue is similar to the one asked in this thread, but even after reading the complete thread the solution, my problem is not fixed, hence starting a new thread.

So here are the details of the issue,

I was doing some cable management in my car and for that I detached the B+ and remote lead from the amp, I did this without removing -ive terminal of battery(stupid me) and while re-routing the B+ terminal touched car's metal part with a small spark, I ignored it and went ahead to do the connections to amp. But after the connections, the protect light is constantly on. So I went ahead to check the fuse installed close to battery +ive terminal, this time also I did not removed the -ive terminal(again I m stupid) of battery and checked the fuse directly by removing it. The fuse looked fine to me.

So the current situation is the protect light is always on even if the car ignition + stereo is off, one I noticed is that if I remove all(front/sub) of the RCA input cables the light goes off and if I attache any one of them it comes back again, the blue power light has never come on after this issue. As the issue was similar to the one mentioned before, I did check and re-installed the amp ground connection but the problem is still there.

Request members to help me out please, any steps to troubleshoot the problem is highly appreciable.

Thanks a lot

Is it possible that the B+ wire and the fuse both look OK still they have developed some defect which might be causing this? Can same be said for ground wire as well? Is there a way to check whether the amp is all right or not?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.