AudioControl LC2i - Can it Sum?

Participant count
  • Participant list

shahir
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I have a 2012 Lexus IS F w/Mark Levinson Audio System Package - I recently upgraded the sub stage, by removing the stock sub and adding an Illusion Audio C12 powered by a Mosconi AS 200.2. Right now I have tapped into the Front Left / Right Woofers from the stock amp to the AC LC2i. Can I tap into the Sub output from the Mark Levinson amp and sum it to the LC2i, if so... What Method should I do?

I have been told that the front channel woofers have a subsonic filter of 35hz, but I'm not sure if I can get my subwoofer to go lower by summing the sub output from the amp.

Current State:

Tapped into the Front Left / Right Woofer output from ML Amp to LC2i

Would This Work:

Bridge Front Left / Right Woofer output to one channel on LC2i and Sub output on the other channel?

or

Keep A side of the front woofer on one channel and add the Sub output on the other channel on the LC2i?

or

Remove the Front / Right Woofer, only wire Sub output to one channel and jumper it to the other channel on the LC2i?

or

Leave it alone, Keep it As - Is?

i am pretty sure you don't understand how summing works or LOCs. how would a LC2i that only has 2 speaker level inputs sum?
I should have added, can it be done on the LC2i... My list of choices do show variations of ways that two different channels can be added (Point being for the sub to have a full and low frequency range signal sources)

Hello -

With the LC2i, there is no provision to sum signals at the input or internally. I would suggest using either the front woofers or the sub signal but not a combination of both. If the fronts are indeed highpassed at 35Hz and the sub is not, combining them will produce an unnatural frequency response.

Hello -
With the LC2i, there is no provision to sum signals at the input or internally. I would suggest using either the front woofers or the sub signal but not a combination of both. If the fronts are indeed highpassed at 35Hz and the sub is not, combining them will produce an unnatural frequency response.
So I'm guessing a cant use the LC2 with my Sync system to run full range?

Hello -
Do you have any experiance with Lexus' and the Mark Levinson Systems?

I just want to know if I should keep with having the Front Left / Right Woofers or Go with the Sub signal? I'm not sure how low the sub frequency channel goes on the ML

Also, the sub signal is mono - So would I have to jump the signal from one side to another (Left and right signal on the LC2i)?

Do you have any experiance with Lexus' and the Mark Levinson Systems?
I just want to know if I should keep with having the Front Left / Right Woofers or Go with the Sub signal? I'm not sure how much lower in frequency the sub channel goes on the ML

Also, the sub signal is mono - So would I have to jump the signal from one side to another (Left and right signal on the LC2i)?
he's telling you to do one or the other. you guys just want someone to do all the work for you. figure it out, if you can't do some research. it's pretty simple decision.

Hello -
I ran a test wire from the sub output to the LC2i, compared it to the front woofers... The sub output from the amp was much better, it did go lower, and made it much louder

It does feel a little more boomy, but I am now getting the lower frequency which I was missing.

I just need help with dialing in the settings better - Right now on the LC2i I have the AccuBAss in the middle, main turned down, bass turned down, and the threshold is all the way up. I have the amp adjusted using the DMM playing a 50hz tone.

It still doesn't sound and feel accurate, a bit overbearing

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.