subwoofer making weird noises

lineman_james

I have 2 RE audio *** 12s with a Hifonics 1500d amp. Well I got it all hooked up and when you cut the truck on and the head unit cuts on the subs start Makin a low rumbling sound and when you change tracks on a cd it will make a light bump and when you hit the button to roll the windows down and turn the head lights on and tap the break they will bump. So I can't figure out the problem I need help... Really stumped here on this.

Sounds like you have a Pioneer headunit.

Your rca grounds are bad because of a blown pico fuse.

Correct if you do not own a pioneer as there are many other reasons to this also.

It's grounded to the bolt that holds my back seat in, I do believe it's on bare metal but I will have to check. Is grounding possibly a problem? And it's a Kenwood head unit.

It's grounded to the bolt that holds my back seat in, I do believe it's on bare metal but I will have to check. Is grounding possibly a problem? And it's a Kenwood head unit.
redo your ground immediately. you need it direct to the frame scrape the paint off

bad ground man. Any ground that has to go through several layers of other metal will cause heavy resistance and it will show up as that low rumbling sound you described.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.