Amp setup help

Participant count
  • Participant list

yeahtoaster
10+ year member

I just got my first system installed and was wondering if someone can give a couple pointers in setting up the amp. I know about the oscilloscope but idk how I'm supposed to decide where to put the lowpass and phase and all that junk on the amp and deck. If someone could just givea quick 101 I would greatly appreciate it. Also how long about does it take to break in a fi q?

Well if it were me and from what I have gathered, I would set the Subsonic filter very low , because when you turn it down it allows your sub to hit the deep notes, I would turn the low pass filter to around 75 - 120 hz area. The gain you will have to match with your headunit output, and try to keep the bass boost turned all the way down to avoid clipping. People say to match ur gain and headunit output. ( without an o-scope so its not completely legit) Turn your headunit up 75% of the way. example if the volume goes up to 50 then like 38 or so , or until your front speakers start to distort, (Do this with the amp gain all the way down BTW) the go to your amp and turn the gain up until you hear distortion in the subwoofer. Hope this helps a little. Later.

LOL left that on a bad note. When you hear the distortion in your sub, Back the gain down a little bit until the distortion goes away and you should be set .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.