Amp set up

Participant count
  • Participant list
Have you tried gently not to hard pressing in and out of the woofer cone to see if you hear or feel it rubbing? You have to apply even pressure not to much to one side ..it should be fairly tight and smooth and move back and fourth without feeling any rubbing
Will do thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do thanks

Like I said not to hard though ..I had a friend I built a box for ..with two brand new 12s and he went out there pressing on his subs ..He was all happy about how air tight the sealed box was and I think he like seeing the sub slowly return ..about that time I guess he pressed a little too hard and his hand went right through the cone of his brand new sub ..lol

And one more quick question I have a jl audio 12w 3v3- 4 when I hook it up it hits but it's like a crackling sound people have told me it's a coil it's like a 200-300 speaker is it worth trying to get it fixed

Got a box pic?

It just seems to get really loud really fast like at 4th bar up out of 20 u can't carry a conversation there is no whine sounds loud crisp and clear haven't went past halfway up yet and I like it loud afraid to go over half way

turn gain down to 1/2 what it's at and set volume to max level u listen at and adjust gain to where it sounds good, when u turn volume down to 1/2 speakers should sound good.. amp gain is for u to match the hu so u don't want it to be loud on low volume.. set the xovers as i said.. are u saying u have the 4 chanel bridged to your door speakers?, if so thats fine just turn gain down low... the boss amp omg those are crap!, set lp xover on that at 80hz set gain about same as i told u just don't go past like 60%.. that amp does about 200rms maybe we will be glad to help u find a much better amp (same for planet audio).. the sub is a single or dual 4ohm vc? if svc 4 ohm u only getting like 80 watts off that amp, u be better off with 2 channel bridged if d4 then we can should u some amps in the $100 range that'll be huge improvement..

turn gain down to 1/2 what it's at and set volume to max level u listen at and adjust gain to where it sounds good, when u turn volume down to 1/2 speakers should sound good.. amp gain is for u to match the hu so u don't want it to be loud on low volume.. set the xovers as i said.. are u saying u have the 4 chanel bridged to your door speakers?, if so thats fine just turn gain down low... the boss amp omg those are crap!, set lp xover on that at 80hz set gain about same as i told u just don't go past like 60%.. that amp does about 200rms maybe we will be glad to help u find a much better amp (same for planet audio).. the sub is a single or dual 4ohm vc? if svc 4 ohm u only getting like 80 watts off that amp, u be better off with 2 channel bridged if d4 then we can should u some amps in the $100 range that'll be huge improvement..
I think that 1500 W but from what I understand i it probably only took maybe does 200 It was 6995 I didn't know any better and then I bought it no I wasn't trying to turn into boom box but I'd like it to be crisp and clear up sound the way to Supposed to and if I turn it up I'd like it to be loud which she did and I'm not complaining right now it is very loudvI come from a time when Nakamichi was the **** And a punch 150 amp was all you needed two cherwin Vega 15 Sorry about any grammar errors driving right now

I think that 1500 W but from what I understand i it probably only took maybe does 200 It was 6995 I didn't know any better and then I bought it no I wasn't trying to turn into boom box but I'd like it to be crisp and clear up sound the way to Supposed to and if I turn it up I'd like it to be loud which she did and I'm not complaining right now it is very loudvI come from a time when Nakamichi was the **** And a punch 150 amp was all you needed two cherwin Vega 15 Sorry about any grammar errors driving right now

I have a couple of brand new original Nakamichi 10s listed for sale on here right now ..It’s hard to find quality like that anymore ..The Nakamichi name was bought buy another company and their current products are junk now

Learn my lesson about pictures on here for a while I wanna make sure I know what I'm talking about before I post any pictures from now on

The box can cause bottoming... aka... "crackling"... just wanna see

I have a couple of brand new original Nakamichi 10s listed for sale on here right now ..It’s hard to find quality like that anymore ..The Nakamichi name was bought buy another company and their current products are junk now
Actually that's untrue they just won a huge award you are right they have ****** for the last 15 years let me see if I can find article

I know so little

e5a711845815468f7d1496fb829152d2.jpg
e5a711845815468f7d1496fb829152d2.jpg
7ec1cc9e2eafdd1ba8aa9657a610bce9.jpg
63e7a168ab31e9958a9fcc61af85c73a.jpg

Hope I did that right

I know so little

The box can cause bottoming... aka... "crackling"... just wanna see
So when I got the speaker I took my kicker out of the 12 inch box out is In and tried the jl audio and it was hitting and just crackling bad

I know so little

b7759fd63670da7b7fd2ca9e2f396d1a.jpg
6d80dbdb9db10b74c95b3d33d27d3a16.jpg

Don't laugh too hard I haven't secured the wires yet

I know so little

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.