crap sound after install

helped my kid install a new head unit, amp, speakers and sub in his chevy p/u.

all the gear is low end, but the resulting sound is not good at all. the bass comes through but the treble is minimal.

the head unit has one pair of RCA outs, the Amp is four channel, I routed the speakers (He is only running 2) through channel A and bridged Channel B for the sub as per instructions.

things I know I did wrong and need to correct:

ran rca's and power together so I will separate them

grounded the AMP but did not sand the paint much, I thought the screw penetration would make the connection.

do I need to install crossovers? would appreciate any trouble shooting advice

don't the amp have xovers? set hp for speakers at 80-100hz,, lp for sub at 70h-100hz.. if amp don't get jvc hu (was on sale for $59, $89 now) has xovers, time alignment and eq's built in.. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/jvc-in-dash-digital-media-receiver-built-in-bluetooth-satellite-radio-ready-with-detachable-faceplate-black/5712376.p?skuId=5712376
I went to BestBuy to buy that specific head unit that you linked and they were all sold out except one store that was pretty far away had to open box unit that was missing the wiring harness not sure if it's like that everywhere but here in Indy I think the 340 BTS is over unless you get lucky or order it online I ended up getting the 350 BTS which is the same but new model haven't got to play with it much yet but so far seems really good

I went to BestBuy to buy that specific head unit that you linked and they were all sold out except one store that was pretty far away had to open box unit that was missing the wiring harness not sure if it's like that everywhere but here in Indy I think the 340 BTS is over unless you get lucky or order it online I ended up getting the 350 BTS which is the same but new model haven't got to play with it much yet but so far seems really good
i'm sure amazon walmart or ebay has it.. if not my kenwood is similar made by same company, walmart always has kenwoods

helped my kid install a new head unit, amp, speakers and sub in his chevy p/u.all the gear is low end, but the resulting sound is not good at all. the bass comes through but the treble is minimal.

the head unit has one pair of RCA outs, the Amp is four channel, I routed the speakers (He is only running 2) through channel A and bridged Channel B for the sub as per instructions.

grounded the AMP but did not sand the paint much, I thought the screw penetration would make the connection.

Is it a pioneer radio ?

don't the amp have xovers? set hp for speakers at 80-100hz,, lp for sub at 70h-100hz.. if amp don't get jvc hu (was on sale for $59, $89 now) has xovers, time alignment and eq's built in.. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/jvc-in-dash-digital-media-receiver-built-in-bluetooth-satellite-radio-ready-with-detachable-faceplate-black/5712376.p?skuId=5712376
at that price, just buy the 350bts from crutchfield which is the next generation of the 340bts. However crutchfield gives free install accessories saving you another 15-30 dollars..

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KDX350B/JVC-KD-X350BTS.html

should be the same but updated on the looks and buttons and spotifiy control.

helped my kid install a new head unit, amp, speakers and sub in his chevy p/u.all the gear is low end, but the resulting sound is not good at all. the bass comes through but the treble is minimal.

List the exact model numbers of everything you have installed if you want real help.

How lazy are you that you can't add two fucking letters to u to spell it properly and spell out the three complicated letters that compose the word "one"
I about fell over when I read this....people are gettin lazier. Instead of your, it's now ur. Annoying..

How lazy are you that you can't add two fucking letters to u to spell it properly and spell out the three complicated letters that compose the word "one"
what is wrong with u man? it's not normal to get so worked up over a few letters... also i have a messed up hand today..

hey ain't u the 1 that i seen at the mall yesterday? c me b 4 i c u

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hide.gif.2d479cfd917eedfe201353b91522ceab.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.